Days of the V6 numbered?

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Or so it would appear from news posted on our sister forum...

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6213

Although you could say the same about the F-Type itself as we know it presently.

Enjoy it while you can!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I think Jaguar V6 & V8 engines are made by Ford, the contract ends in the next year or so as Jaguar will produce all their own engines. It does seem a strange time to pull the V6 with all the bad press that diesels are getting, if anything I would have thought they were more popular at the moment.
captainham

Post by captainham »

2020 is when the contract ends. Same year that JLR have said all new models will be either hybrid or full-electric...

This is partly why I bought mine when I did...wanted to say I was able to own one (and will hopefully still own one or the foreseeable!).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

The rumours are true but you lot can breathe a sigh of relief as the V6 will still be available for the F-Type.....................................for the moment.
:lol:
It's been binned for the XE, XF and F-Pace but even the dealer's don't have any more info at the moment as it only happened this morning.
The V6 is still also available for the XJ and the Land Rover side of the business though.
Rumours about the new straight six are starting to appear but I'm not sure that engine is close yet though.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

What are the pros and cons of a V6 vs straight 6?
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post