Paint Protection

Anything F-Type related......
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Thanks guys ;)
I always put money in perspective and the work above was less than 2% of the cars price. Seeing I obtained around 12% discount when bought new I figured that it was a no brainer.

PS Man maths applied ;)

OB123

Post by OB123 »

Excellent mans maths :D
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
Colin W

Post by Colin W »

Looks superb - I guess you just need to give it a good regular wash to maintain that great finish [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Colin W wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm Looks superb - I guess you just need to give it a good regular wash to maintain that great finish [emoji106]

Yes snow foam takes most of the dirt off followed by the 2 bucket method washed over with pure water using this item

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VYAIR-0817-1 ... 3f84a0f6b4
Leave to dry with no water marks :D

So easy to clean as tbh most dirt dosn't stick to it anyway so complete wash done in less than 1hr ;)
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

bigknd wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:19 am
Colin W wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm Looks superb - I guess you just need to give it a good regular wash to maintain that great finish [emoji106]

Yes snow foam takes most of the dirt off followed by the 2 bucket method washed over with pure water using this item

So easy to clean as tbh most dirt dosn't stick to it anyway so complete wash done in less than 1hr ;)
What snow foam do you use as their effectiveness seem to vary widely?
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

TopCat wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 am

I use this one

Reasonably priced and effective (Also PH neutral which is important) ;)
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

bigknd wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:21 am
TopCat wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 am

I use this one

Reasonably priced and effective (Also PH neutral which is important) ;)
Thanks
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I’ve been following a similar discussion on Pistonheads and one thing I hadn’t appreciated was the maintenance and cleaning aspect once PPF is applied.

As Bigknd notes above, its quite a simple process to maintain that ‘just detailed’ finish. What was pointed out in the other thread was that the modern PPF with its healing capability (apply heat to restore to as new finish) effectively eliminates the dreaded swirls and scratches from washing/drying the car.

Having looked closely at bigknd link and looking at the finished job, the man maths makes a whole lot of sense for something this special, especially if linked to long term ownership.
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Senninha wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:34 pm I’ve been following a similar discussion on Pistonheads and one thing I hadn’t appreciated was the maintenance and cleaning aspect once PPF is applied.

As Bigknd notes above, its quite a simple process to maintain that ‘just detailed’ finish. What was pointed out in the other thread was that the modern PPF with its healing capability (apply heat to restore to as new finish) effectively eliminates the dreaded swirls and scratches from washing/drying the car.

Having looked closely at bigknd link and looking at the finished job, the man maths makes a whole lot of sense for something this special, especially if linked to long term ownership.
Absolutly, I had a stone mark on the front valance but when I looked later in the day the sun had healed the ppf and couldn't even see where it was :D Bloody good stuff and not at all like the stuff I had on my Impreza back in 2006!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post