Configurable Dynamic Mode

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

I collected my 400 Sport today and have done 100+ miles to get used to it... but I'm confused about configurable dynamics only being configurable in dynamic mode.

I've come from a Mk3 Audi TTS, and I configured everthing dynamic in Audi's "individual" mode except gearbox. So in normal driving, everything was sharp & sporty, but car didn't change up late and rev higher. Only when I flipped it into dynamic mode did the gearbox get all "sporty".

I expected to be able to do the same in F-Type. Have everything mapped to dynamic (except gearbox) and flip the switch when I wanted gearbox to rev higher.

Configurable dynamics screen only activates when you're in dynamic mode.
Mmmm.

Also, what's the "user settings" screen for?
Surely if you can only configure settings when already in dynamic mode, what's the point of 2 different screens?

Sorry if I'm being particularly stupid!
:?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Ok. When you are in non-dynamic mode (chequered flag unlit on switch), everything is in tame mode:
Soft throttle
Soft steering
Soft susp
Gears change up early.

In Dynamic mode (flag switch lit)
If you are in factory settings, you have:
Sharp throttle
Sharp steering
Harder susp
Gears hang on longer.

If you are in Dynamic Mode and in User Settings (which are remembered), you can choose soft or hard for each of the four parameters.

Next time you choose Dynamic mode, the settings you put into user settings will be applied (as well as automatically turning on the loud button).

For my user settings, I have the suspension and throttle response on soft
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

So you can set the F just like you had your TTS, with everything dynamic except the gears.

But to flip into pure dynamic, you'll have to go into Configurable Dynamics and touch the Factory Settings rectangle on the screen.

Flip back to User by touching the User Settings rectangle.

I had a go in a Mk3 TTS, - nearly bought one - so can confirm the difference is just in the menu routing.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
basher

Post by basher »

Thanks for the clarification PussCat.

The F-Type "comfort/normal" mode is so much more engaging than the TTS.

So I think for simplicity I'll drive in "normal" for daily commute, etc, but simply flick the rocker switch for dynamic with all settings set to dynamic.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Or if you fancy a real scare just hold the dynamic switch down for a few seconds and disable all of the engine/traction management features.

Warning: you may lose control of your car and die!!!!!!

We did this on a skid pan once and instantly started to doughnut every time we floored it. Great fun. After that experience you knock everything back in to safe and secure mode and appreciate the fact that the computer does a fantastic job of keeping you alive dynamic or not.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Jagged Wire

Post by Jagged Wire »

If I had that option, I’d keep steering and suspension at normal.
2014 V6S Convertible; Salsa Red, Redzone, Silver Tornado wheels, Performance Seat, Vision Pack, Premium Pack, Extended Leather Pack;
2014 Ford Fiesta ST: Molten Orange, Recaros
scm

Post by scm »

PussCat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:39 pm Ok. When you are in non-dynamic mode (chequered flag unlit on switch), everything is in tame mode:
Soft throttle
Soft steering
Soft susp
Gears change up early.

In Dynamic mode (flag switch lit)
If you are in factory settings, you have:
Sharp throttle
Sharp steering
Harder susp
Gears hang on longer.
In "normal" mode I think you'll find the gear shifts depend on the throttle use. If you floor it in normal mode it'll (almost) redline before it upshifts and you also get the lovely crackles and pops on overrun as the flaps open above 4k rpm. The gearbox is very clever in sensing when to change - if you're driving in a "spirited" manner it definitely holds the gears longer.

BTW, the correct term is dymanic mode. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post