Configurable Dynamic Mode

Anything F-Type related......
BanterKing

Post by BanterKing »

Purchasing my F type near the end of May. Wasd wondering of the Configurable Dynamic Mode is an option worth having? I'm getting the V6 AWD model. For any of those of you who have do you customize it a lot or just leave it to factory?

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I don't have it on my own car but did use it on a loan car once and don't think it's worth it. It's not as configurable as I thought. I assumed you'd be able to tune the settings more precisely but it's just an on/off switch for the different settings.

If I'm in dynamic mode then I don't know why I'd want to switch off any of the settings.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
captainham

Post by captainham »

At first I experimented with turning off dynamic throttle response, as I found it a bit too sensitive, but then I tried getting used to it and I don't mess with it now.

So in a word - no. Not something to worry about.

If it's an option, you'll want the switchable exhaust, but not sure if that's standard these days or not.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

dezzy wrote:I don't have it on my own car but did use it on a loan car once and don't think it's worth it. It's not as configurable as I thought. I assumed you'd be able to tune the settings more precisely but it's just an on/off switch for the different settings.

If I'm in dynamic mode then I don't know why I'd want to switch off any of the settings.
+1 to this why would you want to turn of better suspension in sports / dynamic mode it’s just a toy so if it is on the car then great but don’t pay for it.

J
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
OB123

Post by OB123 »

+2 I have it mine but all ive done is switch the suspension back to normal / comfort - otherwise i never touch it - so i wouldn't pay for it as an option

However - would certifiably recommend the switchable exhaust if its not standard
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
chicb

Post by chicb »

Lewis Hamilton I aint. :( Like probably 90% plus drivers my ability does not warrant playing about with it. :oops: Its a good gimmick to pretend you know how to wring the last tenth out of the car but in reality just leave it alone
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I have it - waste of money.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
spagbol

Post by spagbol »

It’s on my R and as above is very underwhelming in terms of what can be configured. I have everything dialled to dynamic apart from the steering which was a bit too twitchy for me at speed on bumpy roads so preferred standard setting.

I wouldn’t have paid for xtra for it as an option if there was a choice though.
captainham

Post by captainham »

As far as switchable suspension, I can't even tell the difference...seems fine in either mode to me. It's only the throttle response and the added pops that give the difference in my view!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
m_101

Post by m_101 »

Not even slightly worth it. Wouldn't pay for it if I didn't have it. I do have it, and I've never used it!
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post