Manual Transmission Slipping Clutch

Anything F-Type related......
carmadbaker

Post by carmadbaker »

Oh lordy no, the jag would be up to 100 and back to zero while the passat edges nearer to 60.
Took the sales manager out for a drive, proved the clutch to be slipping, so fingers crossed this gets dealt with quickly

carmadbaker

Post by carmadbaker »

Update: Jaguar finally agreed to change the clutch under warranty, there has been 2 revisions in clutch design since it was built so Jaguar sort of admitted the issue exists.
Difference is absolutely unreal, chalk and cheese! The vague “somewhere round here” clutch bite is much more predictable and reassuring once it engages with now zero slippage. Can finally get on with enjoying my big cat
Itmakessenes

Post by Itmakessenes »

Design fault with a free fix if you do the research and raise with JLR see US Forum too.
I have a Panther! A black jaguar is a Panther! Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than be ecstatic on a bus.
mwigent12

Post by mwigent12 »

I have a 2016 F Type with 3500 miles on it (took delivery in early August 2015). I only take it out rarely. I noticed that when really stepping into it, I get a sick feeling of a slipping clutch. The rpms keep going up but the speed does nothing. I took it in to the dealer and got the standard "no problem here." I did the research and found that since my f type was one of the first manuals, my problem is worse and may have been fixed (car manufacturers and dealers never tell when they know of a problem especially in a car they see twice a year). CDV problem? I have driven manuals for 30 years and never had this problem nor burned a clutch. I learned to get to the end of the power curve in first and upshift so that you are just getting into the power curve in second. The f type insists you delay the shift to make sure you do not get that beautiful snap of the clutch planting on the fly wheel. I am displeased (to put it mildly) to learn that I am going to have to teach myself the limits of the clutch. The clutch should be bullet proof as well as the drive train. I will not let this rest.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post