Speed limiter removal?

Anything F-Type related......
spagbol

Post by spagbol »

I think the top speed on a 2014 R is electronically limited? 186mph = 300kph = bit too neat... ;)

Has anyone ever been nutty enough to have the limiter removed?

davidd

Post by davidd »

I did wonder what it might do with no limiter....
Arne

Post by Arne »

It will do ~312-315 (on the digital speedometer) with the speed limiter in place - which probably is ~ 300 km/ true speed.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Great so what is top end without limiter? ;)
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I,ve had mine removed when i had my map done, the svr with 575bhp did 200 mph, i have 620+ so you guys do the maths lol
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Arne

Post by Arne »

john-handy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 pm Great so what is top end without limiter? ;)
I don't think it is much more to go on an unmodified R. Cool weather and a long straight might push it a bit over 300, but not by much. When you reach 280-290 it takes time (and clear road) to manage to tip the 300 scale (on a gps tracker).
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Arne wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 pm
john-handy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 pm Great so what is top end without limiter? ;)
I don't think it is much more to go on an unmodified R. Cool weather and a long straight might push it a bit over 300, but not by much. When you reach 280-290 it takes time (and clear road) to manage to tip the 300 scale (on a gps tracker).
Hmm where do you try this? Do you have suitable roads in Norway or have you tried this in Germany? How about traffic?
Arne

Post by Arne »

Jlsthlm wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:23 am
Arne wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 pm
Hmm where do you try this? Do you have suitable roads in Norway or have you tried this in Germany? How about traffic?
In Germany. We usually do a trip each year which includes a visit to Nurburgring. Traffic is the worst problem though, so you need to be lucky and/or pick the right time/day of the week.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Arne.
In Germany. We usually do a trip each year which includes a visit to Nurburgring. Traffic is the worst problem though, so you need to be lucky and/or pick the right time/day of the week.
Hi Arne, who are 'we' ? Any chance you're coming over this year ? I am driving to the Nordschleife on june 2nd. Won't do a round with my FT
as its not insured and I cannot afford any -serious- damage to it. Will take a ringtaxi just to experience it...

I do the NS with a simulator, in which I go off the track so often, I'll won't risk my life for the real thing.. :oops: My son has the simulator set-up.

Did you do the round with your FT ? Any change you have a dashcam film of it you can share ?

I am running my car in on a short term to be able to check the top speed in Germany on the way... ;)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Arne

Post by Arne »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:03 am @Arne.
Hi Arne, who are 'we' ? Any chance you're coming over this year ? I am driving to the Nordschleife on june 2nd. Won't do a round with my FT
as its not insured and I cannot afford any -serious- damage to it. Will take a ringtaxi just to experience it...

I do the NS with a simulator, in which I go off the track so often, I'll won't risk my life for the real thing.. :oops: My son has the simulator set-up.

Did you do the round with your FT ? Any change you have a dashcam film of it you can share ?

I am running my car in on a short term to be able to check the top speed in Germany on the way... ;)
'We' are some friends from Norway with some fun cars. Unfortunately no trip this year, at least not on this side of summer. Just not enough time.
Most of us does not take our cars on the track, for the same reasons you describe. However you can rent cars there for use on the track.
I have no footage going on Nurburgring by car, but I used to drive a lot there on bikes some years ago. Here is one lap with my Yamaha R1:

https://youtu.be/XIxvvX2zsUY

Below is some dashcam footage from the trip we did a couple of years ago (only from public roads). Too much traffic and bad weather to test any top speed on that trip, but the trip we made to Stuttgart last year was a bit better. Unfortunately I did not have my videocamera with me on that trip.

https://youtu.be/XXYKQ6wUzLc

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post