Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic

Anything F-Type related......
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

So went for a days drive today in my 2.0 Dynamic, haven't really taken any pics of the car since getting it, terrible wet day, anyway love the car, can't fault it (yet) hope you like,

One other thing look very closely can anyone spot something different, details to follow.

radz2.jpg

radz3.jpg

radz4.jpg

radz5.jpg

radz6.jpg

radz.jpg

Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted

powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

and one pic

radz1.jpg

Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

powerhouse wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:29 pm One other thing look very closely can anyone spot something different, details to follow.
Exhaust? I thought the 2L had a single rectangle exhaust?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Whoa, what's the deal with your exhaust tips?
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Correct is the twin pipes that obvious I now have a popping and banging f-type, The rear box was just removed and straight pipes 3" out to two 4" tail trims. The fabricator did the pipes that i utilized the same connections so i can put back on the rear box at any time, the exhaust button is no longer used. On startup and idle there is a nice heavy sound, thought i might get a boy racer sound but no, lovely, on option D it does a heavy thumping pop like the V6 through each gear, and crackle on lift off, now it's nothing like the V6, different but good. Then there's Dynamic and paddles, well its unreal,why jaguar didn't do this from the start, through the gears and down shift it's just like a gun banging and pops and crackles. On cruising there is no drone what so ever. Think this is the way forward if someone has a 2.0, this is enough to do. My nearest town is a mile away and my wife could hear it banging and popping when driving through, it makes it a different cat and a big smile, so anyone with a 2.0 get to the shop and get the box of and 2 straight pipes out, there is a bit of precise bending to do to get the 4" tips to fit, first pic it the oem box and the next the 3" just inserted in,the last pics of the pipes look a bit low but that was the picture angle as from the main picture they look ok, also you can see the heat shield from the angle to facing up. Some aftermarket exhaust come wit a plate to cover round the pipes like the Quicksilver system, so i done this also, covers it completly, it was a bitch to do.

off3.jpg

off2.jpg

off1.jpg

off.jpg

Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

So you've got the best of both worlds powerhouse?! Are you able to share what the cost was or do I gather you did some work yourself? Would the warranty still be valid?
A
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Arne

Post by Arne »

From all sides except from the rear it looks very much like my rwd V8 R 😉

IMAG1390.jpg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Abdul wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:39 pm So you've got the best of both worlds powerhouse?! Are you able to share what the cost was or do I gather you did some work yourself? Would the warranty still be valid?
A
Cost £300 , so a cheap job, basically 2 pipes and 2 tail trims, job was done by a powerflow francise also called topgear in UK. Your not touching the cat or the center box, the centre box splits in 2 pipes, the left is a 2.25" the right is a 3" pipe, your rear box pushes into these and is claped on. When no exhaust valve on the fuems and noise go ou the smaller pipe. The 3" on the back box has the valve which opens and makes more noise as it lets fumes out the bigger pipe also. The connection to the 2.25" had to increased to 3" to match the other size, then the pipes bent to suit, this was the hardest part, then out to 2 tail pipes. Hangers had to be made to fit the exhaust rubbers and attach to the pipes, When you pull off the valve tube that activates the valve just plug it, I made the coverplate to go round the twin pipes kind of copied the qiucksilver type, it was a pain.

As for warranty, it a matter of just lossen the claps off with the 2 pipes and on with the OEM box ;)

z1.jpg

2.0 exhaust1.jpg

2.0 exhaust.jpg

Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Sounds like too much trouble for me powerhouse! I'll stick with the more muted sound of the 2.0 as it is
A
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Abdul wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm Sounds like too much trouble for me powerhouse! I'll stick with the more muted sound of the 2.0 as it is
A
It's not much trouble really, and it will be worth it, 2 pipes , 2 tail trims , then done, the best part is paddles experimenting with the right foot :lol:
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post