Heads Up - New (Used) Owners

Anything F-Type related......
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello All,

Just got car back from Inchcape Jaguar Derby where it’s been for MOT, oil change service & engine flush. Owned car for a year now & only drive at weekends & Mar-Nov & have covered 4K since had it.

Mine has active exhaust button & to be honest could never really tell the difference when the button was activated. Just assumed it worked as sounded loud enough 😄 However since it came out of storage I’ve started to doubt it has ever worked. Asked dealer to investigate & one of the exhaust valves moves ok, the other is very stiff to move. Dealer recommends exhaust is replaced. So looks like I’m going to get a nice surprise when it does work correctly!

Also, rear diff seal is leaking. This will be fixed under warranty, Service Advisor at Inchcape is going to see if exhaust can be done too 🤞

So, if you’ve purchased used or you are looking to purchase used, these are couple of things you should watch for.

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Shame you didn’t check it on purchase. I found to my annoyance the used warranty does not cover exhausts as mine rattled. Told it was the valves ..

Given it was £1600 plus fitting I invoked Consumer Law and it was replaced FOC at sellers expense
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I know, hindsight eh. Hence this post to help others.

Will not take no for answer. If exhaust had hole in it fair enough. This is a design/quality issue I suspect has not worked since I purchased from them.

Spent enough here to warrant some goodwill 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

From what I’ve read the default for the exhaust valve is open (by spring) and activated by vacuum to close it
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

DaddyDarren wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:59 pm I know, hindsight eh. Hence this post to help others.

Will not take no for answer. If exhaust had hole in it fair enough. This is a design/quality issue I suspect has not worked since I purchased from them.

I fear it won’t get you far. I tried all that stuff, but the warranty is from a third party supplier badges as JLR

Should have said I did get all the vacuum system pump ripped out and replaced with manifold vacuum, under warranty as it’s a Jaguar recall
Def ask for that too
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 pm
DaddyDarren wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:59 pm I know, hindsight eh. Hence this post to help others.

I fear it won’t get you far. I tried all that stuff, but the warranty is from a third party supplier badges as JLR

Should have said I did get all the vacuum system pump ripped out and replaced with manifold vacuum, under warranty as it’s a Jaguar recall
Def ask for that too
Thank you Paul. I will mention this too.

Is the open/closed exhaust note easy to differentiate?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s Phil bit no worries :)
Open and closed is night and day. Impossible not to know which mode you’re in once you get the loud pedal pressed..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:18 pm It’s Phil bit no worries :)
Open and closed is night and day. Impossible not to know which mode you’re in once you get the loud pedal pressed..
Thank you Phil 😄 Look forward to getting it done 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Specifically tell the service monkeys....and get it in writing that they understand that the diff seals must not be over tightened!!!

All to often the idiots over tighten them and the whole diff is fubared!!!!

You will know if the screw up it makes and awful sound like it is eating itself (which it is!)

If this happens then take the paper back to them that they signed and get a new diff for free :)
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

john-handy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 pm Specifically tell the service monkeys....and get it in writing that they understand that the diff seals must not be over tightened!!!

All to often the idiots over tighten them and the whole diff is fubared!!!!

You will know if the screw up it makes and awful sound like it is eating itself (which it is!)

If this happens then take the paper back to them that they signed and get a new diff for free :)
You too then :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post