Heads Up - New (Used) Owners

Anything F-Type related......
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Aitch wrote: โ†‘Tue May 08, 2018 4:03 pm

No i have noticed this form the US forurams and this one...... word to the wise is all........
stress the importance to the dealer.........

I personally would make him sign to say he understands and that you told him to use caution and follow the JLR service instructions to the letter.
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

And me, stealer said diff was faulty prior to seal replacement, but I never heard any untoward noises until seal swap.
Unfortunately I seem to hear all sorts of diff noise now, but am sure it is me being paranoid ๐Ÿ˜
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
davidd

Post by davidd »

Is the diff issue on v8 and v6 cars?
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

davidd wrote:Is the diff issue on v8 and v6 cars?
Both I believe.

J
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

For info - just had a rear diff seal issue noticed on the 3 year service @ 18k miles. V8R Coupe MY15. Had a good chat with the JLR service crew - it is a known issue apparently on V6 and 8 ....
worth a check especially if you are on the last check before warranty expires !
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

DaddyDarren wrote: โ†‘Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: โ†‘Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 pm
DaddyDarren wrote: โ†‘Mon May 07, 2018 1:59 pm I know, hindsight eh. Hence this post to help others.

Will not take no for answer. If exhaust had hole in it fair enough. This is a design/quality issue I suspect has not worked since I purchased from them.

Spent enough here to warrant some goodwill ๐Ÿ˜„
I fear it wonโ€™t get you far. I tried all that stuff, but the warranty is from a third party supplier badges as JLR

Should have said I did get all the vacuum system pump ripped out and replaced with manifold vacuum, under warranty as itโ€™s a Jaguar recall
Def ask for that too
Thank you Paul. I will mention this too.

Is the open/closed exhaust note easy to differentiate?
I've a v6 as well and it's like night and day. Closed she's not much louder than my **** box (1.2 swift).

If it provides any context even the missus can tell and she refers to cars by their colour ;)

For me it's not so much a case of turning hooning on for the occasions I want it, but rather keeping her on loud and turning stealth on when I'm trying to not aggravate the neighbours.

Hoping you get all this sorted at no expense. When it is, I reckon you're going to love it, hit 5k revs and it's hilarious.

Have you noticed that one tail pipe gets filthier than the other?
Last edited by PhilB on Thu May 10, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

0800Dinosaur wrote: โ†‘Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm
DaddyDarren wrote: โ†‘Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: โ†‘Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 pm
I fear it wonโ€™t get you far. I tried all that stuff, but the warranty is from a third party supplier badges as JLR

Should have said I did get all the vacuum system pump ripped out and replaced with manifold vacuum, under warranty as itโ€™s a Jaguar recall
Def ask for that too
Thank you Paul. I will mention this too.

Is the open/closed exhaust note easy to differentiate?
I've a v6 as well and it's like night and day. Closed she's not much louder than my **** box (1.2 swift).

If it provides any context even the missus can tell and she refers to cars by their colour ;)

For me it's not so much a case of turning hooning on for the occasions I want it, but rather keeping her on loud and turning stealth on when I'm trying to not aggravate the neighbours.

Hoping you get all this sorted at no expense. When it is, I reckon you're going to love it, hit 5k revs and it's hilarious.

Have you noticed that one tail pipe gets filthier than the other?
Thank you for the advice. Like the idea of default loud!

Anyway, an update. Service advisor called today. Diff seal issue to be repaired under warranty. However, exhaust not covered โ˜น๏ธ & would not budge despite my protestations. So new exhaust going on at my expense. My smile from the exhaust note might just outweigh the frown from the bill ๐Ÿ˜„

Please check if buying used ๐Ÿ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21โ€ V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post