XJR575 on Nordschleife

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Most of you will have heared of the Nürnbergring, a circuit in Germany near Bonn.

A part of it is open to the public for driving :
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/fans-inf ... fe.html

Now thats a bit tricky as no insurance covers any damage to your car. So I won't risk my new F-Type..

Jaguar had an SVR F-Type available as a 'ring taxi' ; a way of going around on the circuit without
driving yourself. Not only safer for most drivers, but also for experienced drivers having less
frequent incedents with amateurs...

Recently Jaguar made a saloon available : XJR575, so 3 persons can share a ride..
https://www.jaguar.de/jaguar-live/ra ... .html

This is what I am going to do with my son... 8-)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Well, we intended to go to the Nordschleife for a ride with the XJR575 and subsequently visit my parents who would be in a hotel nearby,
for their two weeks vacation [ they are 78yrs old]. The idea was to have dinner and the next day make a trip on a boat on the lake...

First my parents cancelled as my dad needed a medical treatment, but I decided to go anyway with my son..

Today I recieved the message below . So NEVER plan a holiday around the rintaxi as they just cancel when they feel like it...

" ..Hello and thank you for your booking with Rent4Ring.

Unfortunately the Taxi Driver has just made a change in the diary, and the Jaguar cars will be at a different Racing Circuit
on the 2nd and 3rd of June 2018.

I am very sorry to send bad news, but he says he can definitely take you out on the 31st May 2018 or 4th June 2018 if either
of those dates work for you? Thank you again for choosing Rent4Ring - I will adjust the date in the calendar once you reply
to this email... " .

Classy !!! :evil:

So thats one thing we will NEVER book again !!!
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Ahh mate, that's a nightmare. Has it messed up hotel bookings?

I'm guessing Rent4Ring aren't terribly happy about losing your custom/monies and goodwill either. If what they're saying is true, sounds like they've been screwed by Jag as well.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I forwarded the email to the hotel, hope they understand its not my doing...

Indeed, Rent4ring was far from happy, as also the Hockenheim thing is planned months before, not two weeks !

I found out the "Hockenheim" event is no more then a kind of drifting party, unbelievable that Jaguar Germany [ who pulled the cars of the RingTaxi service] , bothers to show up at such a "pig farmers-banger-rallye" type event... How desperate are they... Or maybe the lowlife pr-manager who decided this, wanted to get some free tickets to Hockenheim as he lives nearby.. .. or he doesn't have a clue what it beholds..

Actually the driver - Dale Lomas- send me an email to tell he was really sorry but it wasn't their decision and they also were just pulled by JLR.

Maybe ist a blessing in disguise as it tuns out to be crazy bizzy as that weekend there also is a rockmusic event...

This is a youtube clip from the 2017 event...

https://youtu.be/lNoDt-JLDWo