Service prices....

Anything F-Type related......
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

My 4 year service and mot are due in June so thought I’d book the car in.
Decided to use Sturgess in Leicester after a few recommendations, so gave them a call...

They gave me a price of £760 - ‘it’s a big service, lots of oil, etc etc....’ :lol:
I then asked if they do the fixed price servicing for cars 3 years and older..

‘Let me have a look she says...’
Tap tap tap...

‘Yes Sir.... £445 plus your mot which is £40 as you’re having a service...’

So, if I hadn’t have known and asked about the fixed service costs I’d have been £300 down.
Hope their servicing is more on the ball!

Makes you wonder....
IRR V8R

0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Nice post, quality advice for those it applies too.

In my short time lurking on the forum I've seen a few people mention that the 4th year service is an expensive affair.

Explains why the dealership didn't seem terribly keen when I asked for the 5 year plan. Does still strike me as a little odd as I'm guessing the salesman gets some back end off service plans at purchase, but not servicing costs later down the line.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi All, sorry to hijack this topic! But related maybe.

I have a 3yr service plan on mine and its just had its first service at 1yr/4400 miles. No issues on the service.

When people took out a service plan did you get any paperwork or anything? Or can you see the service plan on the Jaguar OSH website?

Just curious as mine got serviced, and then I got an email saying that the service plan says "cancelled, full refund given". That is being sorted out as a registration issue and my bad for being so excited to pick it up I paid £999 and off I trotted! (Got an email from dealer and a receipt for 999 though).

Just wondered if I should of had an email or paperwork or whether it should show up on Jaguar OSH...........
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I received a letter and a card from EMAC in Crewe confirming the service plan. Although I did chase it up with the dealer as nothing had arrived after a couple of months.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ok so I should of got something then. The email from workshop manager had a link to an EMAC Evolve website so that makes sense now. Once its sorted I will make sure I get the details incase the next service is at another dealer. Cheers
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

simpleR wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:23 pm Hi All, sorry to hijack this topic! But related maybe.

I have a 3yr service plan on mine and its just had its first service at 1yr/4400 miles. No issues on the service.

When people took out a service plan did you get any paperwork or anything? Or can you see the service plan on the Jaguar OSH website?

Just curious as mine got serviced, and then I got an email saying that the service plan says "cancelled, full refund given". That is being sorted out as a registration issue and my bad for being so excited to pick it up I paid £999 and off I trotted! (Got an email from dealer and a receipt for 999 though).

Just wondered if I should of had an email or paperwork or whether it should show up on Jaguar OSH...........
Oops, fail. I also walked out the dealership with no service plan paperwork. Dealership wasn't hugely happy with me, so the hand over process was a little terse. Better chase this up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up lol.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

My car came with a 3 year service plan & tracker cover. I have no paperwork for either but am assured its 'on the system'
I didn't have a problem with its first service other than having to remind the garage to update the Digital service record.
White MK3 Focus RS.
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Boostfan wrote: I didn't have a problem with its first service other than having to remind the garage to update the Digital service record.
(Rolls eyes in despair) charge a fortune and cant even keep the history up to date!
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Fez

Post by Fez »

I have a 5 yr service plan with my car and have received a letter from Jaguar, customer service director with plan number and further details relating to what they do at each service. Phil
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:37 pm Ok so I should of got something then. The email from workshop manager had a link to an EMAC Evolve website so that makes sense now. Once its sorted I will make sure I get the details incase the next service is at another dealer. Cheers
Quick update in case this affects anyone else. My car was more than 90 days old when i picked it up. A service plan cannot be applied to a car more 90 days old appartently. The dealer was refunded the £999 so I am now in possession of a letter from the dealer saying that they will pay for the service that has been done and the next two instead of a service plan. All good but a warning to anyone else.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post