Who knows what 3/5 years warranty options cost before

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Before it was possible to choose in the configurator for a 3 years or 5 years extended warranty and maintenance.
I asked around if the [ standard 3 yrs warranty ] could be extended to 5 yrs, at a fee.

As in the Netherlands the 3yrs was included in the base price and 5 years was not an available option.

Nothing really happened, only some vague statements like ".. we are thinking about it.." and
"..if it becomes available you could probably upgrade to 5 years..".

Now - as a part of this discussion- , I tried to check the actual difference in cost [ at purchase] for these to option,
to have an arguement for a certain fee for the extra two years.

Now the whole option seems to have disappeared and one can only ask for a quote... :(

Who holds amount/figures on this ; can you please share this data... :P
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Ello again mate.

Not sure how much help this will be. When I got mine the dealership didn't seem that keen for the 5 year service plan, after bringing it up a few times it got sorted. I paid an extra £500 for the extra 2 years.

I asked about extending the warranty to 5 years and was told in no uncertain terms that the only way to do this is to get a quote towards the end of the 3 year warranty period. I asked for a rough idea how much it'd be and got a round of shrugs. I still need to set a reminder for this as I'll no doubt just blast past the date and forget about it.

This is in the UK.
Fez

Post by Fez »

My 5yr service plan cost me £900, only 3yr warrant offered. Sure Jaguar will offer to extend at end of 3 yrs. Phil.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Tel

Post by Tel »

You should be looking at around 400EUR per service. (That's the ballpark figure for a V8).
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

My warranty extension was £690 for year 4 including jaguar assistance.
Ian J

Post by Ian J »

0800Dinosaur wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 pm
I asked about extending the warranty to 5 years and was told in no uncertain terms that the only way to do this is to get a quote towards the end of the 3 year warranty period. I asked for a rough idea how much it'd be and got a round of shrugs. I still need to set a reminder for this as I'll no doubt just blast past the date and forget about it.

This is in the UK.
If it's anything like BMW I get reminders from the supplying dealer as they hope that it means it's time to sell me a new car
East winger

Post by East winger »

I paid £1,500 for a 5 year service plan when I purchased the car in 2016 (v6 S).
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks for all the answers sofar, but its very diverse.

- I can not easily compare as many don't display there location [ GBP/Euro gives a lead though..];
- I didn't know there were many different plans . I was only aware of two : 3 or 5 years warranty & service ;
- also prices seem to change through the years ; early buyers with long cover seem to be very lucky price wise;

In the Netherlands 3 yrs warranty / service / assistance / tracking was standard, 5 yrs was not available at all.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post