F-Type V6 Active Exhaust Valve Remote Control Install

Anything F-Type related......
JagNut

Post by JagNut »

Following some very much appreciated feedback on my last post, where I was looking to improve the exhaust sound by installing a 200 cell cat (this will likely bring on the warning lights) along with a K&N free flow filter kit (this will compromise filtration). I just had to look further at other options to enhance the slightly underwhelming exhaust tone.
I found a kit on ebay that remotely switches the exhaust valves, the active valves were fitted to my car but there was no internal switch to control them, - it seems the previous owner omitted to order this for me !
Anyway, I ordered the kit, fitted it no problem in 15 mins or so and it does what it says on the tin, switching the valves to open when you press the loud button on the remote. The tone then changes pleasingly, in particular on acceleration and I also get some popping on overun if I try for it, must confess have tried this many times today.....
its a module made by www.cccharger.co.uk they seem to major in Aston Martins, but do these for the XKR and F-type.
My thanks to all the great guidance provided on the 200 cell cat and K&N filter questions that lead to me solving my lust for sound with this gizmo :D

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

What was involved in fitting it tks
JagNut

Post by JagNut »

It was fairly straightforward as it locates directly in the fusebox with 3 push home connectors being used, the control module then sits on the top side of the fusebox. It all took about 10 -15 minutes to fit
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

I also have installed the kit from www.cccharger.co.uk and am just as pleased with the result. It makes up for not ordering the option of a switchable exhaust button when I ordered the car. The kit is easy to install and the effect is amazing.
JagNut

Post by JagNut »

its good to know that others have had a great experience too, I contacted Clive at cccharger to confirm that it will work off my mirror Home Link buttons and it does. He also confirmed that it gives just a little more enhancement than the Jaguar original (optional) switch does as it does not use the "mid position" valve option when in loud mode, it just makes the binary selection of "Loud" - hence I now understand why in todays glorious sunshine, it seemed to force me to drive like a looney all day........... :lol:
Anyway pressed quiet before putting the car away tonight, so I can leave discretely at 6:30 am tomorrow out of looney mode
JagNut

Post by JagNut »

Have now got this operating (after several programming attempts) from the mirror homelink garage opener buttons - How cool is that ! 8-)
Lewis4681

Post by Lewis4681 »

Hello wonder if anyone can answer this for me.

My car currently does not have the exhaust valves fitted at all. Am contemplating swapping back box for one with valves.
Would I then be able to simply fit the cccharger kit ?

How does the kit communicate with the valves ?
Stratus grey v6 coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post