A few questions...

Anything F-Type related......
tjs

Post by tjs »

Hi,

I've been looking at getting a used F-Type, specifically one of the V8 models (as yet undecided on anything more specific than that! :) ), and I had a few questions I was hoping someone may be able to help with.

I had a sit in both the coupe and convertible at my local Jaguar dealer, and I just didn't fit. In the coupe my head was pressed into the roof, and in the convertible my head was above the top of the windscreen (I had to look down to even see in the rear view mirror). I'm hardly some kind of freak giant, in fact, pretty average height. I'm about 6'1", maybe 6'2", which is pretty normal I thought...

I looked at how to lower the seat, but the only adjustment seemed to be forward/back, and the angle of the seat-back. Speaking with the dealer, they've said the seats aren't height adjustable, but I might have some luck if I find one with the optional seats with extra adjustability, but it's unlikely to help that much.

Now, they're the dealer, so I feel like I should take their word for it... but that just seems wrong! Surely there are people around 6' who own and fit in the car?!

So, anyway, the questions:
  • Are the seats height adjustable? Bit of a deal breaker!
  • Has anyone retrofitted the carbon/black exterior pack and have a rough idea of cost? I asked the dealer who've said it's possible, but when asked how much have just said "quite expensive".
  • Ditto for the heated steering wheel. I'd really like one, and so if I find a car without it that's otherwise great, it's good to know it can be retrofitted. Dealer has said not possible.
  • And again for the fixed rear wing. I love to look of it, but there seem to be very few cars that have it. I guess "fitting it" is the easy bit, it's more a question of can the standard, deployable spoiler be disabled without any issues?
  • ...and again for the rear view camera: Dealer said it can't be retrofitted, but seems like a nice to have.
  • What kind of longevity do people get from the carbon ceramic discs, and how much do they cost to replace? I've seen a few cars that have them fitted, but not sure if I should be put off by them if they're going to cost a small fortune to replace.

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

What age of car? I have a 2017MY V6 car (registered Sep 2016) with the basic seats and can definitely adjust the height. The forward and backward movement is manual with the usual bar under the seat. The height and seat back angle are electric with buttons on the door next to the door handle. No memory buttons but I can definitely adjust the seats up and down electrically.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
tjs

Post by tjs »

dezzy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm What age of car? I have a 2017MY V6 car (registered Sep 2016) with the basic seats and can definitely adjust the height. The forward and backward movement is manual with the usual bar under the seat. The height and seat back angle are electric with buttons on the door next to the door handle. No memory buttons but I can definitely adjust the seats up and down electrically.
The two demo cars I sat in were brand new, one a V6 and the other the 2.0. I don't know the correct name for them, but they were the "standard" seats vs. the bucket-seat-style ones you more typically see in the V8 versions. I'd be looking at an older model- unsure of year or anything yet though.

It had the electric adjusters on the door card, and had one switch for moving the seat forward and back, and another for adjusting the angle of the seat back. It didn't have memory buttons, as far as I remember anyway. I felt around under and to the side of the seat and didn't notice any other manual adjusters for the height.

Either way, sounds more likely I'm just missing how to adjust it, rather than them not being adjustable as the dealer said...
davidd

Post by davidd »

I have a 15 v8 coupe, I'm just over 6ft and fit with no problems at all.
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

I have the opposite problem as i'm 5' 4" and the seats are defiantly adjustable or it would be a booster seat for me!!! As said previously the controls are on the horizontal (ish) bar on the door card. I have standard seats but I did test drive cars with sportier seats and they too were adjustable. As for other spec items, I think you would be better off looking for a better speced car than retro fitting
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
TimG

Post by TimG »

This may help, see page 4.
Quick Start Guide F-TYPE (RHD).pdf
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
2015 V6S Convertible Stratus Grey
Heated Perf Seats 14 Way Adjust
Premium Leather
Black Pack
Black Centrifuge Wheels + Silver Propeller Winter Wheels
Meridian
Switchable Exhaust
High Perf Braking, Red Calipers
Adaptive Dynamics
Parking Sensors with Camera
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'm 6ft 1 and fit easily in the convertible. Seats do go up and down.

The dealer was correct - exterior stuff is expensive. Cheaper to have the chrome wrapped in black vinyl i would have thought.

Anything additional like heated steering wheel may be difficult as the car would need reprogramming, which is most likely a dealer fit.

The spoiler can be disabled so i understand - depends how confident you are at such things.

Rear view camera - possible, but again too much hassle. I wouldnt buy an Ftype without parking sensors and camera anyway.

Carbon Ceramic - a small fortune to replace and really not needed on the roads imo.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello tjs,

Same height & there NO issue with either model. Driven both, own the Coupe version, never been an issue. To be honest, not ever thought about it.

Purchased with chrome bits but was always going to go black pack. My Jaguar dealer replaced side vents & window surrounds with gloss black. Cost approx £2k. There’s a post on here with a copy of my receipt.

I did lots of research on this, including wrapping, but want it done properly & permanently. These are high-end, but delicate, Jaguar’s. The thought of none Jaguar removing wing mirrors & bits, especially, wind & rain critical bits, put me right off. Imagine getting it wrapped & it starts lifting, peeling, scratched etc.

Good luck whatever route you take 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Fez

Post by Fez »

I am over 6' 4" tall and I fit in my 400 with over 8" of spare head room. Don't believe any think a dealer tells you they just want your money. Do your home work and good luck.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

6’ 3” and have the performance seats.
No issue with headroom at all, except sometimes I have to look out the pan roof to see traffic lights...
IRR V8R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post