in touch control & Assist subscription renewal costs

Anything F-Type related......
MarcB

Post by MarcB »

Hi

Does anyone know the cost of renewal ...it seems to be a closely guarded secret.

Mine will be up in November and it would be good to have a ball part price now.

Thanks in advance I am sure someone must have renewed recently.

Marc

captainham

Post by captainham »

Mine's up in September so I;m interested in cost of both this and the warranty. Think I saw somewhere that warranty is about £700 or thereabouts, so I'm still undecided whether I go for that or pay £200+ for a full RAC inspection and see fi they spot anything I can get fixed before warranty expires.

I already know the blind spot gubbins is playing up so that's one thing for them to fix at least, it intermittently malfunctions and ceases to work
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
MarcB

Post by MarcB »

Extended Warranty could be more than that .... from what I understand was just going to bank the money and see how it goes.
There doesn't appear to anywhere to detail these costs which I find very disconcerting ....it should be straight forward enough to give a price !
Just noticed yours is 2016 should you not be getting 3 years warranty therefore 2019 before you are due ?
captainham

Post by captainham »

MarcB wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:04 am Just noticed yours is 2016 should you not be getting 3 years warranty therefore 2019 before you are due ?
Model year 2016 = released in 2015. Silly, I know. Got mine in September 2015.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

First thing I’d do is put it through an MOT a month before warranty expires. You’ll need it anyway and will cover all the safety parts.
You can always ask th m to advise you verbally if they see anything not under MOT. Most will oblige

Personally I don’t waste money on extended warranties as most items that need replacing are excluded. If you fear the engine, box or diff will collapse, then go ahead, but imho better bank the money each year
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I was paying £870 PA for my extended warranty, the full one, before changing to a MY2018 v8R AWD Roadster which still has 2years manufacturers warrant6 to run.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
MarcB

Post by MarcB »

I must admit I don't get all this MY .... you would have thought the year it was registered was what was important. But thanks for the info although still none the wiser if I can renew the subscription without extended warranty and if so how much ? :-P
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ive still got two years left to ponder but I also would like to know how much a "4yr year plan" would be. I want an all in price for 4th service, 4th year warranty, all the inControl bits (only really care about the vehicle location bit on the app) and breakdown. The dealer said Jaguar would contact me nearer the time but expected £999 a year for everything in which if that includes the service as well then that is pretty good. They said you can keep it going for upto 12 years from new. If that is the case this car could be a keeper for a decade or so.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

There's an on-going topic on this over on the XE forums as the older ones are coming up to end of warranty.
Unfortunately it's in the Jaguar CRC section which is members only but I'll drag a few bits over for info.
Just to say this is for the XE but it might give an idea.
This is for one years additional subscription.

Reply from Jaguar CRC re costings:

"I can confirm that the renewal cost for the Incontrol Subscription is as follows:

£30.00 for Incontrol Remote
£240.00 for Incontrol Remote and Secure

You will receive an email closer to your renewal date, should you with to extend your subscription please follow the steps in the email."

It might be worth contacting Jaguar customer relations (as it looks like you don't have a CRC rep on here to pm) to confirm costs for the F-Type as I think she might have meant remote and premium rather than secure in the above.
MarcB

Post by MarcB »

That is useful Phil thank you it gives a good idea of what to expect. Happy to pay £30 for the remote it's useful to have. may stretch to £240 to have "secure" as well

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post