Sim card issues again.

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@simpleR.
I have the 2-liter 2019MY, but the samein- touch-pro infotainment. In the screen you can see the IMEI of the card, but no MAC. The MAC is what you get if the car has a hotspot, which is advertised all over when you look for 'in touch pro' , but it doesn't say anywhere that the F-Type does not have the hotspot. My dealer is on it and I should receive word from the importer shortly. But apparently its not possible to make the hotspot work. I asked for an update in firmware but some module apparantly is different too.. I did not get any further then that..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

plymaled wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:43 pm Thanks. My situation was the same for the failing antenna. I just called the main in control help line and they stated that my car is not configured for Pro Services and they will not help as it is the selling dealers responsibility to investigate. It was clearly configured and working before the antenna failure and its in my spec sheet fortunately. I understand that there are 3 different antenna Part numbers and this is why I have a slight suspicion it could be the antenna and when the dealer installed the new antenna the Jag data system that tracks configuration was updated to reflect not configured for Pro services. Any additional thoughts on this or do you think that the fact that the Mac addresss is not displayed is more significant?
Ok, so lets compare then. If I logon to the Jaguar inControl website using the same details I logon to the app on my phone with, then select my vehicle it says I have three services enabled. These being inControl Remote Premium, Pro Services and inControl Protect. What does your say?

I'll get a copy of the warranty invoice and find the replacement antenna part code Jaguar fitted to mine.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
plymaled

Post by plymaled »

Thanks. That is the point. At the moment, it only has Remote and Protect. Before the antenna change Pro Services was here as well and I recall on the previous car system software I remember there being a screen that identified the Pro license info with validity until 2020. This screen is now no were to be found. This part code would be very helpful to take the issue back to the Jag dealer here in Germany who did the Warranty repair and I recieved no paperwork for what the did. The cars delivery point was London, so I am already challenged by the dealers lack of interest in that i did not buy it from them. Again, many thanks for the help and advice. Doug
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 pm ../.. These being inControl Remote Premium, Pro Services and inControl Protect. What does your say? ..
With me it gives 4 services...

services.jpg

apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I have just checked mine and my Pro Services is mssing on my In Control login, so maybe this is why my SIM card is not working. The car specification say that it should have Pro Services.

I hope this is all it is and that Jaguar can re-enable it.

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

inControl Secure is the Jaguar Tracker I believe.

Would appear Pro Services and the SIM are related then.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@simpleR.
I think you are correct. Secure=tracker. Pro Services is maps and WiFi [ normally] , but they left the WiFi out... Today I heared they also left the bigger SSD out so its also not possible to load music or movies on the system. This because 'memorysticks are cheap' ... Well, if memory is so cheap ; why leave it out ? Why leave the hotspot out...
plymaled

Post by plymaled »

For sure remote premium and tracker connect without the Sim using the cars embedded system. Pro Services needs the Sim.

My 2018's paperwork also shows Pro Services but the Global jag data base says it is not configured now and I am trying sort out if it because of the antenna change that occurred. My 2018 has an SSD and I can put movies and videos on it. My hotshot also works.

Doug
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 pm
plymaled wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:43 pm Thanks. My situation was the same for the failing antenna. I just called the main in control help line and they stated that my car is not configured for Pro Services and they will not help as it is the selling dealers responsibility to investigate. It was clearly configured and working before the antenna failure and its in my spec sheet fortunately. I understand that there are 3 different antenna Part numbers and this is why I have a slight suspicion it could be the antenna and when the dealer installed the new antenna the Jag data system that tracks configuration was updated to reflect not configured for Pro services. Any additional thoughts on this or do you think that the fact that the Mac addresss is not displayed is more significant?
Ok, so lets compare then. If I logon to the Jaguar inControl website using the same details I logon to the app on my phone with, then select my vehicle it says I have three services enabled. These being inControl Remote Premium, Pro Services and inControl Protect. What does your say?

I'll get a copy of the warranty invoice and find the replacement antenna part code Jaguar fitted to mine.
Well Jaguar are are slow at sending out copy invoices!

To confirm my replacement antenna was JC2D 55234LML 003663/POD-ELECTRON @ 46.99 plus VAT.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post