Sim card issues again.

Anything F-Type related......
sparkyfletch

Post by sparkyfletch »

Now I'm pretty sure its not me but just to be sure before I take my car back to the dealer will all the sundry inconvenience.
I had a 3 1 year SIM it worked perfectly just straight out of the packet and into the car. So a year later I buy a replacement, just 12Gb this time and she no work.. A call to 3 tells me I have to put it in a phone for 4 hours so this I did in a phone I use abroard and it definatly works for data. I put it in my car and get 'SIM not supported' message, I've left it, tried it again and again but always the same message. The SIM works perfectly in our Range Rover (with an identical system) so it has to be the Jag?

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

To make sure, put it in a phone with the same size simcard [ so do not turn it into nano sim to fit it in a phone]. Go in safety settings [android] to weather or not a pin should used to block the sim . Choose "No " so you do not need a PIN to use the SIM.. Power0ff the phone and remove sim.
Like this it should work straight away.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

My mY18 F type with touch Pro has an issue. It’s been to the dealer and they have ordered a new main unit to solve the problem, it goes back in on the 12th June to have it fitted. When I turn mobile data on in the connectivity menu it just says mobile data not available. When I press about, it shows no IEMI number and no MAC address, so definately a car issue. The sim is the same as yours, but the dealer has tested it and it works ok.

It will be interesting to see what your dealer finds. I’m not convinced mine has diagnosed it correctly.

Regards
Andrew.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

apr1962 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:07 am My mY18 F type with touch Pro has an issue. It’s been to the dealer and they have ordered a new main unit to solve the problem, it goes back in on the 12th June to have it fitted. When I turn mobile data on in the connectivity menu it just says mobile data not available. When I press about, it shows no IEMI number and no MAC address, so definately a car issue. The sim is the same as yours, but the dealer has tested it and it works ok.
I had similar issues when my old sim ran out on date whilst still connected to mobile data.
It gave similar symptoms as you, IMEI and Mac address blank.
Putting in the new sim didn't fix it.
I took the sim out and left the car overnight.
Next day started it up and waited a few minutes for it all to activate (which it needs) and the car's IMEI and Mac were back.
Fitted the new sim and all was good again.
sparkyfletch

Post by sparkyfletch »

Dan - I agree with your prognosis but the fact that same SIM works perfectly well in our Range Rover suggests it must be the Jag..
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Phil,

All of the above tried over many weeks.

Let’s see what happens when the garage replace the faulty hardware.

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

sparkyfletch wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 am Dan - I agree with your prognosis but the fact that same SIM works perfectly well in our Range Rover suggests it must be the Jag..
The manual of the F-Type says you can enter a pincode, but that just didn't function in my car. It could work in other cars, as often
problems with JLR are randomly distributed.. Before spending money on the dealer, try the PIN. Only cost you some effort.. :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
plymaled

Post by plymaled »

I have a 2018. Can someone help with this issue? My Sim appears to work with the 4G symbol displayed in the upper right corner. However, I lost Pro Services after the dealer replaced a failing GPS antenna and updated the system software. I noticed that there is displayed an IEMI number but no Mac address. Is my problem simply related to no MAC address or is it that they may have replaced the GPS antenna with the wrong one for Pro Services? Doug
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I had a new antenna the other month as sat nav lost its location and in control pro said vehicle location unknown.

Thread here
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2348&start=10

I would therefore presume it wont be an antenna issue.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
plymaled

Post by plymaled »

Thanks. My situation was the same for the failing antenna. I just called the main in control help line and they stated that my car is not configured for Pro Services and they will not help as it is the selling dealers responsibility to investigate. It was clearly configured and working before the antenna failure and its in my spec sheet fortunately. I understand that there are 3 different antenna Part numbers and this is why I have a slight suspicion it could be the antenna and when the dealer installed the new antenna the Jag data system that tracks configuration was updated to reflect not configured for Pro services. Any additional thoughts on this or do you think that the fact that the Mac addresss is not displayed is more significant?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post