Post by Stevethomas »

Can SVR wheels fit my V6 s convertible

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Yes they will just dont lower it or fit wheel spacers and get geo done after
jp14

Post by jp14 »

Gasman 2 - forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by "get geo done after?"

I've bought a set of SVR wheels for a V8R, but the Jaguar service centre have raised a few potential issues and won't fit them. One issue is offset.

The current rear wheels are 10.5 x 20”, with offset ET38, and tyres 295/30/20. The new SVR rear wheels are 11.0 x 20”, with offset ET54, and tyres 305/30/20.

According to a wheel calculator, this will result in the following changes to the offset:
- Inner Clearance: 22.35mm less
- Outer Position: retract by 9.65mm
- Tyre circumference difference: 0.24" (0.87%) – which will impact the speedo slightly, but not a major issue

Jaguar have said this could cause the inner tyre wall to rub against the suspension, which could obviously be problematic.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

The suspension does not sit ib a different spot its static so if it doesnt run on a svr its not going to rub on ur car
By geo i mean a wheel alignment geometry check
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

If u allready have the wheels why not trial fit one
jp14

Post by jp14 »

Thanks Gasman, appreciate the advice. I tried fitting the wheels yesterday and no sign of rubbing, so should be ok from this perspective.

The only issue I found is that the rear wheels have a different offset to the standard gyrodyne wheels, so they are more "tucked in" and don't look great.

Trying to get up to speed on spacers as seems this might provide a solution...
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

U might get away with a 15mm spacer as long as it isnt lowered
enric

Post by enric »

jp14 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 pm Thanks Gasman, appreciate the advice. I tried fitting the wheels yesterday and no sign of rubbing, so should be ok from this perspective.

The only issue I found is that the rear wheels have a different offset to the standard gyrodyne wheels, so they are more "tucked in" and don't look great.

Trying to get up to speed on spacers as seems this might provide a solution...
Any update on your setup? I find myself hesitating on a set of SVRs for my V6s until I get more information.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post