Single piece grille F Type R 2015....

Anything F-Type related......
Mikeinthemidlands

Post by Mikeinthemidlands »

Hi guys

I'm tempted to go for either the genuine Project 7 one piece grille or Paramount Performance's grille.
Jaguar main dealer said that the grille won't fit my bumper is that correct?

Do we know if the Paramount grille and their installation (just short of £800) is any good quality wise?

I've seen a few posts on this issue but the info I can gather the better!

Cheers
Mikeinthemidlands

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Cue DaddyDarren 😁
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Go OEM if you can budget, you know it will fit straight out of the box ... and be fully reversible should you sell and swap to another F-type
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Mikeinthemidlands

Thanks Senninha

By OEM do you mean the Project 7 grille? Do you know whether this is bolt on without any modification? Jag seemed to think otherwise but it wouldn't surprise me if they were wrong.

I'd prefer to stay with OEM parts and I'm happy to pay the extra to do so.

Cheers
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

This has been discussed recently so you may find something of interest here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2606&hilit=grill
Myer

Post by Myer »

The Jaguar P7 grille is by far the best, the Paramount version is shoddy. The downside of fitting the P7 or the Paramount is that you end up with a major issue with the front parking sensors, in short they don't work properly!
V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

Pics ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Aitch wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 pm Cue DaddyDarren 😁
Did somebody say P7 Grill?! 😁

Hello Mike,

Both the OEM & Paramount grills will fit your car. Bumper will need to be removed but it’s a straightforward procedure with right the tools & knowledge.

Owned both versions, the OEM one I’ve now sold on, to Aitch as it happens 👍 Happy enough with my Paramount one for now.

OEM is better quality, but not sure you’d notice the difference from 10 foot away. More important is the quality of the paint & fitting.

If you can purchase OEM then get one. If not, then Paramount are fine. Whichever you buy, have it professionally painted & fitted by a quality body shop.

The sensors can be an issue, although most report no false readings if fitted with 3D printed sensor pockets. Mine have never worked, unless in close proximity to objects or indoors. They were ‘bonded’ directly onto the honeycomb. Another reason to get the grill painted & fitted by a bodyshop.

For me this is the most visually pleasing & enhancing mod you can do to an F-Type...

A2428FF0-0DC1-4588-A290-01EB9E575988.jpeg

E8F3044C-4F0B-4892-AB95-768D8579AAA7.jpeg

E83ED6E5-EB28-454B-A726-F8138A9F26C0.jpeg

stickered front number plate keeps grill clean. Car just passed MOT at Jaguar main dealer & had plenty of admiring glances from Police Officers.

Let me know if you need any further information 👍

Cheers,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Mikeinthemidlands

Thanks for the replies all. Really useful. I’m gonna try and order the grille from Jaguar. Is it just one part I need to order?
Mikeinthemidlands

I've now placed an order for the Project 7 grille from Jag. It comes in two parts - the mesh and the surround (a choice of grey or white). I opted for grey but I will get it painted gloss black anyway.

Darren, are you able to share more info re the 3D printed sensor pockets?

Can anyone recommend a great bodyshop in the Birmingham/Solihull area. Willing to travel though for a quality finish.

I'm also looking for the bodyshop to remove and ceramic paint my exhaust tips in matt black

Thanks
Mikeinthemidlands

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post