Jaguar Experience - Castle Bromwich

Anything F-Type related......
BMa SVR

Post by BMa SVR »

Done the Jaguar Experience Manufacturing Tour at Castle Bromwich (home to the F-Type). I have to say it’s well worth the visit. Easily a 3 hour tour of the factory. It starts with a roll of aluminium, and finishes with the completed F-Type driving out the door for delivery, you see all the build process in between, except for the paint shop. The logistics for the build is amazing. Our host took any questions you could throw at him, and was very knowledgeable. Thoroughly recommended.
Yurlong White SVR, panoramic sunroof

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Too bad you didn't announce the visit ; would have know some stingy questions to ask.. :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

I did the tour last month and have to say the press shop was the most impressive. I also recommend the tour and you can really see the 2.0L version has boosted their sales. Very interesting to see how they've fitted the line into a building that's a little too small so the robots have to be extra dextrous to avoid pillars and roofs.
Obviously, they do not let you take pictures or touch anything otherwise I might have been tempted to take a thickness gauge and check out paint thicknesses on under body components.
Well worth the time and money to take the tour, even a discount at the merchandise shop at the end of the tour.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
sparkyfletch

Post by sparkyfletch »

I did this around June last year and ended up respecting my car even more.
The detail, engineering and provenance is amazing and then you consider the history of the building. Highly recommended, even impressed my wife but I did take her to the Seattle Boeing factory production lines previously!
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Their grannies built Spitfires in the same building.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post