Invisible Shield !!

Anything F-Type related......
swp1

Post by swp1 »

Got caught in a very heavy downpour today with no easy place to pull over and raise the roof.

Planted the throttle and drove through the rain and emerged the other side with both myself and the interior as dry as a bone !

A great design feature I wasn't aware of !
MY15 R AWD Convertible in Black

basher

Post by basher »

I saw one of those "young car Youtubers" doing the same on a road trip in Europe. Impressive.

Personally, I prefer a solid roof.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Hehe we've done this, but eventually i always come across a slow person and get wet :p
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, if you can keep driving faster than the rain falls between windscreen and rear deck you're fine! :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

Sorry to sound the old codger that I am, but I used this technique in the 60's and 70's driving MGB's and Midgets. Also I learnt where all the bridges were, as those hoods took several minutes to put up (bit like a tent). When I progressed to E Type and Alfa Romeo Spider, you could raise the hood from the driver's seat at traffic lights. Can't be arsed now, hence the Coupe (also don't have the sixties hair to protect from the sun).
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.