How to.. place a picture in a post [ manual in Dutch].

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi guys,

Not everybody on this forum finds his/her way easily. For me its also every time a "trial and error" as it works differently on almost
every forum... So to help the person who had a problem, I wrote a manual to send with a pm, only to discover I could not attach
it to a pm.. ..as far as I can see :roll:

So attached a picture guide on how to place pics in posts, with some lines in Dutch.. .. so the others learn some Dutch in one go.. :mrgreen:
UK_plaats_plaatjes_nl.pdf
(489.71 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Thanks for that.
It comes up quite a bit on here with new members.
It may be browser specific but we have two reply options.
"Quick reply" would need the full editor box as per your instructions but if you click on the lower "Reply" box the "add files" facility is already there.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

We aim to please.. :geek:
basher

Post by basher »

I'd given up on adding pictures and am using links to my Instagram account instead.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
OAP123

Post by OAP123 »

Thanks for the instructions - just tried them and they worked first time!
BTW - just where are the 'Dutch Highlands'
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Glad I could help you out !

I made the name up, as the official name is 'Veluwe' . It used to be desolate wilderness untill the late 1850's.
The meaning of the name has long been forgotten. It used to spell " Velouwe " on old maps [ which I happen to collect ].
The link to wiki below speaks of 'Fallow lands' , but I doubt this is the case as the people living here were 'Tungriers' migrated from the
north of what is now Germany , an ancient Celtic tribe. They were pestered by another tribe the Sueven and moved west around 54 BC.
They would hardly speak English, more Germanic, the common ancestor of the Dutch ánd modern German languages.

The hills are a remainder of one of the last ice ages when sediment was pushed before a glacier coming down from Sweden.
It made some hills up to 120m high. You might know most part of the Netherlands is below sea level. So as we are in a relatively high range,
I jokingly name it the 'highlands' .. 8-) See also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veluwe

I made a screenshot of google maps. The dark green parts are forested and hilly areas of sediment, all pushed up in several ice ages.
Some water is dark green too. I aim at the areas around Amersfoort and Apeldoorn.

dutch highlands.jpg

This is a map from around 1670. The orientation is different [ look at the place called Harderwijk, the first town to have a University ].
in the centre on the bottom bordering on the water. In the top google image its in the center. There is only a small strip of water now,
but this all used to be sea. First the ' afsluitdijk ' was build that closed off lake IJssel from the sea. In the 1950's the Flevopolder was
pumped dry. On the map you see the towns Almere and Lelystad there now.

Also the rose pointing north in the top right corner gives you a reference. To get the 'north' orientated maps we have in our era,
you roughly turn it 120-degrees clockwise..

velouwe.jpg

The area is forested but also inhabited. There are many campsites and its ideal for walking, horse riding and mountain biking.
Many Dutch people have been here on there first ever holiday. In summer population doubles !

I have small plot, bordering onto the national reservation. Often I see these strangers in my garden in the morning...

edelherten.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post