310 mile 2016 Firesand SVR

Anything F-Type related......
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

mickjaguar wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:10 pm This car had a SOLD sticker on the windscreen when I went past at 4pm today
That’s good to know, ;)
Did you manage to have a look at it lol!?

Yes DVLA states 2015 as mentioned, didn’t realise this meant it was a pre production vehicle and nothing highlighted by dealer, but then why would they. There always seems to be a stumbling block with my potential svr purchase, perhaps it’s not meant to be!? Guess it may mean it’s ‘one of one’ though! :shock:

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I’d get a deposit on that very quick with a ‘subject too’ condition of deposit ... in that colour and at that price it will be gone very quick IMO ... far, far better option than the other one you were looking at ... good luck!

Update: just scrolled and noted last comment ... I hope that’s your deposit!
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Senninha wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:54 pm I’d get a deposit on that very quick with a ‘subject too’ condition of deposit ... in that colour and at that price it will be gone very quick IMO ... far, far better option than the other one you were looking at ... good luck!

Lol, cheers matey yes it’s my deposit and I’ve been assured of condition, history etc. I’ve done a bit more digging but info is scarce, even via JLR UK. It has no associated ‘keeper’ but just that is was a JLR car, static demo/display/show car was alluded to. Left factory February 2016. Actually went back to SVO for a service at 187 miles February this year. Has had software updates/recalls as I have a few campaign codes it’s had.

So, I have the V5 and there is a long code beginning E11*2001 in the ‘Type Approval’.
In Special Notes it just says..

1. WAS REGISTERED AND/OR USER. DECLARED MANUFACTURED 2015.

2. DATE FIRST VEHICLE LICENCE DUE AFTER REG/N 01/11/2018.

V5 Shows it was registered to:
JAGUAR LAND ROVER LIMITED
INTERNAL FLEET
BANBURY ROAD
GAYDON

Not entirely sure if there is anything sinister in the above, is there?! Been told by the dealer as they asked the same question to their buyer that it categorically wasn’t a press or track demo car etc, have asked for this is writing.

Two year approved user warranty on the car.
Not sure what further due diligence I can do, car had just 310 miles when it reached the dealer.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I didn't look at it that much, but the outside of the car appeared fine. Straight and clean as a 300 mile car should. It can only have been sat on display with that mileage. Makes sense why they put a 65 plate on it l suppose.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Jimbo095 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Senninha wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:54 pm I’d get a deposit on that very quick with a ‘subject too’ condition of deposit ... in that colour and at that price it will be gone very quick IMO ... far, far better option than the other one you were looking at ... good luck!

Lol, cheers matey yes it’s my deposit and I’ve been assured of condition, history etc. I’ve done a bit more digging but info is scarce, even via JLR UK. It has no associated ‘keeper’ but just that is was a JLR car, static demo/display/show car was alluded to. Left factory February 2016. Actually went back to SVO for a service at 187 miles February this year. Has had software updates/recalls as I have a few campaign codes it’s had.

So, I have the V5 and there is a long code beginning E11*2001 in the ‘Type Approval’.

INTERNAL FLEET
BANBURY ROAD
GAYDON

Not entirely sure if there is anything sinister in the above, is there?! Been told by the dealer as they asked the same question to their buyer that it categorically wasn’t a press or track demo car etc, have asked for this is writing.

Not sure what further due diligence I can do, car had just 310 miles when it reached the dealer.
Glad you got it! Even if it puts the odd buyer off the other way to look at is you basically bought a brand new SVR at £50k off... With the perfect spec and good colour. Enjoy it and I bagsy a ride in it!
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

jimbobc wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 pm
Jimbo095 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm

INTERNAL FLEET
BANBURY ROAD
GAYDON

Glad you got it! Even if it puts the odd buyer off the other way to look at is you basically bought a brand new SVR at £50k off... With the perfect spec and good colour. Enjoy it and I bagsy a ride in it!
Thanks Jimbo, nice to hear positive comments when you're about to shell out a small fortune on a car! Guess it may put off some like you say, only time will tell on that one and if/when I move it on. I specced it up on the configurator as accurately as possible and it's coming out £132,610, although I may not get any use out of the £520 secure tracker, is it a fob based system or just a subscription? So even at £132,000 with a bit of negotiation I'm nearer the £60k mark on 'saving', although I obviously realise nobody is paying anywhere neat retail price on these and the car is a MY17.

I normally wouldn't choose such a garish colour so keen to see it in the flesh! Thinking I'll perhaps get some PPF protection on it or if I'm not a fan of the colour a full wrap. Mind you, having trawled the forum most folk are fans of the colour, hopefully I'll be adding to that list. It's being machine polished for swirl marks and a full valet etc, picking it up early next week as my first opportunity. Probably straight for a proper detail mind knowing me! Cheers

Anytime for a blast in it matey, I'm hoping to get to a meet somewhere, I'm Lincs/Cambs border area, 20 miles from Peterborough...
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Buy it and enjoy it!
If a car had 300 miles on it that had been tracked the edges of the tyres would give it away. Regardless if it’s an early version or not it’s made on the line following the previous years of manufacture the other F types have gone through. It follows QC 99% will be the same and even if it WAS pre mass production it will have been subject to even more inspection.
You’ve acted quick and you’ve got yourself a good car. I wouldn’t bother trying to look for things to put you off. Enjoy!
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

I looked for nearly a year for mine and you will always find a reason why not. But for just over £75k it's a cracking deal!

Must be about 50 miles from you I am in Bedfordshire.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Well that’s my old neck of the woods, lived in Arlesey for 10 years then Clifton for 5. Then went Hitchin way before coming up here.

Are there decent meets around, never really been one for them but never too late to start! 👍
V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

Jimbo095 wrote:
V8FTW wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:43 pm It is and they do

I bought one. 63 plate R coupe ... customer production started on 14 plate.

The car was built in 2016 but was registered in 2017 but it must have a age related plate.

The V5 will tell you that it had manual Type approval as it was pre-production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok, interesting. Any issues or regrets?!
Will enquiry on V5 tomorrow, any significant implications/concerns in buying a pre production?

Nope. Owned it for a year and did 18,000 hard miles in it and it was faultless

You got a bargain. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post