310 mile 2016 Firesand SVR

Anything F-Type related......
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Jimbo095 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Lol, cheers matey yes it’s my deposit and I’ve been assured of condition, history etc.
Excellent news and congrats a) for walking away from the red one and b) for moving quick on this one!

Stunning colour on the coupe. Looking again at the photos the panel fit looks exceptional compared to many, just one of many advantages you will enjoy from this car being ‘fettled’ by the SVO team.

If I were in the position I too would have jumped on this and would now be looking at a full detail, maybe even a flat sand detail before full PPF and make it the very best example in the UK!!

Cambridge is an hour(ish) up the road from me so I feel a mini meet coming on when you’ve gone through the running in period ... very pleased for you!

Ref the PPF, check out the blue SVR on here that’s had the full wrap, it looks to be a fab job and on these special colours so very worth the investment

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

V8FTW wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 pm
Jimbo095 wrote:
V8FTW wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:43 pm It is and they do

I bought one. 63 plate R coupe ... customer production started on 14 plate.

The car was built in 2016 but was registered in 2017 but it must have a age related plate.

The V5 will tell you that it had manual Type approval as it was pre-production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok, interesting. Any issues or regrets?!
Will enquiry on V5 tomorrow, any significant implications/concerns in buying a pre production?

Nope. Owned it for a year and did 18,000 hard miles in it and it was faultless

You got a bargain. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to know, getting excited now, apprehension slowly fading with all the positive comments, thanks folks. Let’s hope there are no issues on collection! Ever the optimist me!.😃
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Senninha wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:20 pm
Jimbo095 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Lol, cheers matey yes it’s my deposit and I’ve been assured of condition, history etc.
Excellent news and congrats a) for walking away from the red one and b) for moving quick on this one!

Stunning colour on the coupe. Looking again at the photos the panel fit looks exceptional compared to many, just one of many advantages you will enjoy from this car being ‘fettled’ by the SVO team.

If I were in the position I too would have jumped on this and would now be looking at a full detail, maybe even a flat sand detail before full PPF and make it the very best example in the UK!!

Cambridge is an hour(ish) up the road from me so I feel a mini meet coming on when you’ve gone through the running in period ... very pleased for you!

Ref the PPF, check out the blue SVR on here that’s had the full wrap, it looks to be a fab job and on these special colours so very worth the investment

Regards, Paul
Nice one, now basking in positivity lol.
Yes very tempting to do some or all of the above, a meet at some point sounds good. Funny, I also noticed the difference in the panel gaps between this one and the red one, certainly feeling a sense of relief having bailed on that one, thanks in part to this forum...👍
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Firesand is an amazing colour and i dont think they do it anymore?

I looked for a Firesand Convertible when i was buying mine - lovely.

Lovely car and with that mileage it's not run in yet! Amazing.

I'd love an SVR.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
basher

Post by basher »

Congrats Jim on a fab purchase, especially as you're effectively buying a new car at £60K discount!! :shock:

(That's pretty much what mine cost, and I thought I'd done well with my saving).

Firesand is an amazing colour on the right car. An SVR is just the right car.

I assume you're getting it from Harwoods Chichester?
If so, I can highly recommend a detailer in Hook, Hampshire - https://autocurators.com/ - ask for Paul. They did mine 2 weeks ago.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Cheers Basher. Yes car is at Chichester but I’m South Lincs so would be a bit of a pain having to pick up and and then drop there etc. I’m going to assess how it is when I collect and then make the necessary plans from there. Thanks for the tip mind..👍
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

75k for that car was a bargain of the century! Enjoy it, you could probably sell it for 85k quite easily as firesand and ultra blue are the most desirable colours on the SVR, particular with all the carbon options ticked. :)
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Yes I’m really pleased I pulled the trigger, cheers Gibbo. Got to wait a week to collect it now unfortunately!! :roll:
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Another vote of confidence. If this was a private sale or from an independent dealer etc , I’d perhaps exercise some caution. However, this is sat in a main Jaguar dealer, with the backup of warranty etc. If you hadn’t, someone else would’ve 😄

Stunning car, amazing price 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Cheers Darren, counting down the days now, I hate the wait!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post