The F-Type Hypermiling Challenge!

Anything F-Type related......
Arne

Post by Arne »

It's just over a 1.4 mile distance, so not that surpricing ;)

Had it been over a distance of 140 miles, it would have been impressive :D
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

ndabunka

Post by ndabunka »

PussCat wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:34 am
ndabunka wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:06 am 11th post! Yeah!
Well done nadabunka, Your figure is so close to Arne's new figure, that I've decided you two are tied for the V8R at the moment.

Come on all you V6 and 300 owners. Plan your next trip properly and you could get a real eye-opening result!

Free extra hint: If you need the aircon on during a hypermiling run, keep the fan as low as you can while staying comfortable.

I'm off out for a blast...
Thanks! Enjoy your run!

I ran my A/C the entire time on that trip. Going again this weekend but with family in tow so will be taking Black Betty (Blam-a-lam), my '12 X5 Diesel) but I will be making the Myrtle run again at the end of the month for a golf tourney with just me & my golf clubs in the car so may try to do that run without A/C running to see if I can eek out a few more MPGs... LOL
If you don't make a choice, the choice makes YOU!
ndabunka

Post by ndabunka »

gasgas wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:27 pm is that just over a distance of 1.4 miles??
I would assume over a few 1/4 mile runs and the pic taken at speed (obviously). That's quite a clip to be taking a picture of. I don't think I would have the guts to take a "speedo selfie" at nearly 170MPH!
ndabunka

Post by ndabunka »

ndabunka wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 pmI ran my A/C the entire time on that trip. Going again this weekend but with family in tow so will be taking Black Betty (Blam-a-lam), my '12 X5 Diesel) but I will be making the Myrtle run again at the end of the month for a golf tourney with just me & my golf clubs in the car so may try to do that run without A/C running to see if I can eek out a few more MPGs... LOL
I ended up having to run my A/C due to conditions (rainy & humid) so I was not able to exceed the prior. only 29.2 US MPG this trip to Myrtle.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Can I suggest a new Mini-Miling challenge?

I couldn't get down to 4.3mpg but I did manage 9.8mpg over 52 miles during a driving training event which seemed to give a forecasted tank range of 168 miles!
It was a great day learning how to control your car through a 90 degree turn at 70mph with no brakes and then at 90 mph with hard braking. This was followed by various exercises and a final course to put into practise all the car control you had learnt. Great fun and useful skills for when the back breaks away ofr the front pushes wide.

20180918_163300.jpg

20180918_163316.jpg

2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Sounds like an interesting day. Where did you do the course? (Would be interested in taking mine to see where the limit is and how to control it in advance).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

That sounds bloody great fun, and the sort of thing I'd like to do before I change my tyres! Start a new thread about your day, and tell us all about it, with links!

PS. Still waiting for V6 340 and 4 pot 300 entries to The Hypermiling Challenge!
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

New entrant in his "S" badged V6 is Lunar - with a stunning 43.7 miles per imperial gallon. See page one for leaderboard.

Still waiting for and entrant from a 4 pot driver (should blow everyone else outa the water).
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Ok 4 cylinder vert with roof closed AC and all systems on 60.4 km 7.1 litres per 100km. I’m pretty sure I can get a bit better too but have done a lot worse so far with Sports/Dynamic/Roof Down etc
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Not trying, but my 4 pot not really much better, although barely run in, still under 6000 miles...

Jag MPG.PNG

Maybe I have a challenge now...
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post