Major failure - advice

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

If it's from a main dealer it must be covered by the 2 year Jaguar warranty.
I am sure there is no 4k maximum.
Do you have the warranty paperwork from Jaguar this outlines everything.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Glad to hear JLR are giving you a new engine at no cost to you.
Interesting that it's a V6 as I traded in my 2015 XES just prior to it's second service.
I was chatting to my salesman a few weeks later as it hadn't appeared on the front lot for sale and he told me when they went to service it prior to sale they found it had the wrong oil in it and had to have a new engine.
I recall seeing some strange Helix stuff on the service docket at it's first service and checking online it was for a diesel.
When I queried it at the time, I was told it was just a generic oil the computer showed but they assured me the right stuff was put in.
Obviouly not!
A bit scary thinking about it if the engine had let go whilst tooling down the motorway.
Needless to say when my current one had it's first service I supplied the full-fat Castrol oil to the right JLR spec and at a considerable saving too.

You can never rely on some berk in the workshop.
Adam9618

Post by Adam9618 »

Thanks guys.
New discovery sport courtesy car is nice enough but why didn’t they do something about the automatic gearbox? The f type is so smooth and responsive but this isn’t in the slightest. That’s a whole other story but oh well.

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you guys at a meet in the south half of the country soon....
Cerebera

Post by Cerebera »

Which type of Ftype was it ... purely interested as hadn't heard of it happening before.. V6 or V6s ?

glad your sorted now
Adam9618

Post by Adam9618 »

Was a 3.0 supercharged v6
Adam9618

Post by Adam9618 »

I was just as confused hence ending up here, my searches only showed problems with the wrong oils as above or overfilling not just for no reason at 75mph in the outside lane cruising.
Cerebera

Post by Cerebera »

I had a V6s and put load of good fun miles on it ... I noticed it was sensitive to oil levels and could easily misread , therefore fear of overfill .

Now a V8 and touch wood seems all good, except for an electrical drain in first week
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

I am if the opinion that the oil circulation ducts are too small and they are getting clogged.....

I believe that this is compound / not helped by there being no sump plug (the oil is sucked out) inevitably leaving sludge behind to block tubes.

Oil is the life blood of an Engine and if it is not circulating correctly because of incorrect consistency /Type, blockage or overfill it’s by by engine.

I will be changing the oil before winter / any storage and at regular service intervals in order to try an minimise issues / risk.

Form my brief ownership of my F Type I can see that there are some serious flaws with the design of major components (roof in my case and engine in others)

J

2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

P.S..... OP regardless of the dealer “warranty limit” (4K) the dealer is responsible for the full cost of the repair within 12 weeks or more under UK consumer law.

The fact that they chose the incorrect level of cover is not your fault.

Glad you got it sorted.

I likewise had to complain at the highest levels to finally get a positive response. It was very sad and eventually cost all involved far more that if it had been looked at sensibly and sympathetically in the first place......

My estimates.....JLR -£8000 Approved dealer -£3000 my original retailer -£1000

And I am probably being conservative!
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Just for info there is a sump plug ... they use it on mine for the 1st service :)

but dealers take the easy route and suck it out

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post