Major failure - advice

Anything F-Type related......
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

kaspa wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 am Hello

Just for info there is a sump plug ... they use it on mine for the 1st service :)

but dealers take the easy route and suck it out
Could this be why they are offering a £30 oil flush. Because they're doing a half-arsed job in the first place?

Adam9618

Post by Adam9618 »

Sounds a good point to me, what is Jags view of this I wonder? 🤔🤔
scm

Post by scm »

Adam9618 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:31 pm Sounds a good point to me, what is Jags view of this I wonder? 🤔🤔
They probably approve since they won't have to replace engines when the trainee forgets to refit the sump plug. :oops:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KPH592

Post by KPH592 »

The warranty does not replace your consumer rights ie, satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and more importantly, durable under S9(3)(e). Explain firmly - as per the great advice - that you’d like a refund (there’s a 30 day rejection period, 90 on occasions from memory). In the first 6 months, the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove the fault wasn’t there - you still have the durability which considers price paid, age etc - no problem here I’d say. Anyway, be firm, they have only one chance under the new Act t9 repair, and in a reasonable time - thrash this out now, as a bargaining tool for a replacement car/refund. Good luck. 🤞
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

just to note ... my first service was completed at a main Jaguar dealer (Beadles) this is where I purchased the car from new

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post