Trickle Chargers

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

Hi

When I've had my Porsches as they were only used at weekends I used to keep a trickle charger plugged in through the cigar lighter socket.

Being completely new to Jaguar can someone advise me if this is something that is done and perhaps advisable, particularly through winter months when it's likely to be used less than once or twice a month.

Thanks

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Many of us have Ctek chargers for the same reason. There a quite a few previous threads on the subject, the link below shows the battery connections.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1325&p=11106&hilit=CTEK#p11106
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

As mickjaguar. Fit Ctek in boot. Takes 10 minutes đź‘Ť
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If your using it every weekend for 30 minutes driving it will be fine anyway.

Mine has sat since 3rd July. And wont be started until 1st August and im sure it will be fine. Its sat for weeks before without issue.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Myer

Post by Myer »

Completely unnecessary, I have owned my F-Type R Coupe for 4 years since new and cover less than 4,000 Miles a year.

I have often left the car locked in my garage for 3 to 4 weeks and it always starts first press of the button.

Ferraris especially and to a lesser extent Porsche seem to have battery issues, not so with the Jaguar.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Agree that for 2 weeks it will be fine. Mine always is after 2 weeks or more with a run once started

If you insist and for deep in Winter, then no trickle charge as that is old skool and bad for modern batteries. Use a Ctek which I have to keep my true hobby cars alive and is a great bit of kit
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1794

i do already have a Ctec charger so seems daft not to get use out of it. Love the idea of fitting the boot 'plug' socket. I'm not that confident on playing around with car electrics and have always stayed shy of them. I will try and see if there is somewhere local to me who can supply and fit?
chicb

Post by chicb »

There is a fag type socket in the boot of my convertible. I plug my ctek into that. It sat all winter like that & started first press of the button
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Deleted User 1794

that's interesting Chicb

after reading through some of the posts it appeared that fag lighter sockets were out of the question. i've got the cig lighter socket already, so if this option works ok then it would seem the simplest way to go.
chicb

Post by chicb »

The lighter socket in the cabin does not work at it closes down with everything else after a few minutes. However the one in the boot is fine & the cable does not become trapped when the boot lid is closed. As I said mine was on for months, in fact its on again as the car is rarely used.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post