Trickle Chargers

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

thank you Chicb

Elementad

Post by Elementad »

I’d recommend one. I left my last F Type during the height of winter for around 5 weeks. It started but “low battery” was displayed on dash. The gearbox can be affected by low battery and not worth risking letting it go low. Don’t forget that summer time is not really an issue. It’s when you’re garaging up for winter.
I use the jag one because even though it’s essentially a ctek I prefer the near cigarette style DIN socket that integrates neatly and discreetly in the boot that the jag one comes with.
Leave it plugged in your boot, boot closed, car locked and you can sleep knowing that the battery is being conditioned nice and safely.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Chicb

I think you’ll find if you have a convertible and it has a cigarette lighter socket in the boot, the previous owner had jaguar install a trickle charger kit in the car.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

My 2018 MY v8 r AWD has a removable flap at the back of the boot floor, so very easy to fit the CTEK with crocodile style clips. The electrical install under the boot lift out is completely different to my MY 2015 v8, so the online instructions don’t apply.

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post