Car finally collected, absolutely love it! PPF?

Anything F-Type related......
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Well the wait was certainly worth after I finally collected the firesand SVR yesterday from Jaguar Chichester. I absolutely love the colour and vehicle condition can only be described as immaculate, 350 miles on the clock, bodywork, carbon, wheels, brakes, engine bay, tyres and interior all A1. They machine polished and prepped the car to such a high standard that it looked better than my brand new RRS on collection due to a poor PDI prep.

They did the full on ‘under cover’ reveal and having taken my young lad along it certainly did the trick! The firesand/carbón I think works well and although I don’t have the MY18 bits and pieces of the red car I was considering I really don’t care now!

Typically I got a small stone chip on the o/s/r arch on the way home which which has pushed me to go PPF, along with the ease of cleaning. Paintshield in Peterborough seem to have a good name but we are talking £4.4k, any opinion on them? I have looked at alternatives from £3k but these aren’t local and use ordered in kits, rather than in house produced like paintshield.

A coupl of pics (hopefully) below including my hardly believable 34.9mpg on way home!! A big thanks to the people of this forum for endorsements and the inadvertent steering toward this car, in particular jimbobc for actually suggesting it. I hope I become an active member (not just asking questions!) learning bits and pieces as time passes and perhaps the odd meet. Sorry for rambling on, I could carry on!!

A quickie, anyone know if my software version is up to date (photo), it was in the nav menu? Trying to ascertain what year of SD card maps I have but can’t seem to find it?

94D4C661-998E-4D6F-974F-C819307FADE1.jpeg

CAD8DBD2-9C0A-4F0E-B6CC-040705C2400A.jpeg

D69317C2-BA6B-442F-A160-61DAF23ECB03.jpeg

E5380170-B01D-4A64-B6DB-7BA658494C1E.jpeg

FB30BC05-B0E5-4A71-BE47-118F5A79B554.jpeg

A4AE88C4-EA3E-48C8-84D0-30EC8ED43C87.jpeg

Last edited by Jimbo095 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

Well done Jimbo, that is one fantastic looking car you have there. Sorry to hear of the chip.

Enjoy the drives fetching some milk that is only available in shops At least 30 miles away, any excuse for a drive!
basher

Post by basher »

Wow. Love it. Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Wow! Very nice car. Enjoy.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Looks fabulous my friend. Well pleased for you.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Cheers guys, no idea why some of the pics on the ****, they were ok when posted using the phone!? No doubt user error!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Absolutely stunning. Enjoy every mile.

1. I’m probably overly security conscious but you may wish to amend your location details. Using the photos it would not be too difficult to ascertain your home location. Sorry for sounding negative but there are some a-holes out there. I probably watch too much Police Interceptors 😄

2. August 12th is a car show at the Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa. I went last year, from Nottingham, & it was a great day. You can put your car on the show lawns if you wish. Or park in normal car park & look at dozens of stunning vehicles. Lots of e-types last year. Jazz band, food etc.

Hope to meet you & your car soon 👍 😁
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

DaddyDarren wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:02 pm Absolutely stunning. Enjoy every mile.

1. I’m probably overly security conscious but you may wish to amend your location details. Using the photos it would not be too difficult to ascertain your home location. Sorry for sounding negative but there are some a-holes out there. I probably watch too much Police Interceptors 😄

2. August 12th is a car show at the Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa. I went last year, from Nottingham, & it was a great day. You can put your car on the show lawns if you wish. Or park in normal car park & look at dozens of stunning vehicles. Lots of e-types last year. Jazz band, food etc.

Hope to meet you & your car soon 👍 😁
Cheers matey, altered, perhaps a little naive of myself but never had issues before and any would be thieving w****r would have to penetrate several layers of security first as I take it very seriously, just need some razor wire! :D

Gutted I can't make that day, love Woodhall too as play golf there occasionally and have been camping there too!! Deffo up for other potential meets so please post any you deem appropriate for this neck of the woods!!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Lovely car. On the subject of PPF, I had a manufacturer's front end kit fitted to my white coupe and then had it removed.

I naively imagined the sheet would extend around the panel edges but no! There was an edge around each panel approx 5mm short that collected dirt and muck so there were thin black lines contrasting with the white paint. Also, the plastic caused a very slight but noticeable yellowing. This was from one of the leading manufacturers of PPF. As the white is solid, rather than metallic and I know of a couple of very good, local, body shop/sprayers, I decided that £4K would provide a lot of stone chip repair work.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I have PPF on mine, but all of the edges wrap around the corners. I had a full front including bonnet and wings, sills and rear wings. It cost £1200. No join on the bonnet either.

The rear wheel arches get terrible stone chips also the bonnet.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post