Car finally collected, absolutely love it! PPF?

Anything F-Type related......
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Yes the stuff that doesn’t go over the edges is never going to look great IMO, especially on a white car, was that venture shield by any chance?

apr1962 that sounds more like what I’m going to go for, seems a very reasonable price too, do you mind me asking where you got it done and what brand of ppf was used?

swp1

Post by swp1 »

Congrats - looks fantastic - now the real fun begins !!
MY15 R AWD Convertible in Black
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Jimbo095 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 am Yes the stuff that doesn’t go over the edges is never going to look great IMO, especially on a white car, was that venture shield by any chance?

apr1962 that sounds more like what I’m going to go for, seems a very reasonable price too, do you mind me asking where you got it done and what brand of ppf was used?
The kit was from SunTek. Had I known it would be short of the edges, I wouldn't have bothered. I just assumed it would be wrapped around.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Just gorgeous !
White MK3 Focus RS.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Looks epic! :)
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

WOW! Absolutely love it and very pleased for you ... and great to hear the dealer treated you well and prepared it as they should all do ... take time to get familiar and enjoy many, many miles ... and from such a low starting mileage you have no excuse not to use it every day and rack up miles of smiles!!!

Rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I use this guy for PPF

http://paintguard.co.uk/

He is used by the M4 forum members. He did my M4 and Jaguar F Type R AWD

Great job and very cost effective and no edges.

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Tel

Post by Tel »

Do the lot. Custom fit so overlaps all panels and wraps round all edges. Xpel is the gear and 4-5 k sounds reasonable to protect such an investment. Decent installer will leave no visible lines and there should be no joins.
Had ours on over three years....looks brand spankers.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Jimbo095 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:38 pm Well the wait was certainly worth after I finally collected the firesand SVR yesterday from Jaguar Chichester. I absolutely love the colour and vehicle condition can only be described as immaculate, 350 miles on the clock, bodywork, carbon, wheels, brakes, engine bay, tyres and interior all A1. They machine polished and prepped the car to such a high standard that it looked better than my brand new RRS on collection due to a poor PDI prep.

They did the full on ‘under cover’ reveal and having taken my young lad along it certainly did the trick! The firesand/carbón I think works well and although I don’t have the MY18 bits and pieces of the red car I was considering I really don’t care now!

Typically I got a small stone chip on the o/s/r arch on the way home which which has pushed me to go PPF, along with the ease of cleaning. Paintshield in Peterborough seem to have a good name but we are talking £4.4k, any opinion on them? I have looked at alternatives from £3k but these aren’t local and use ordered in kits, rather than in house produced like paintshield.

A coupl of pics (hopefully) below including my hardly believable 34.9mpg on way home!! A big thanks to the people of this forum for endorsements and the inadvertent steering toward this car, in particular jimbobc for actually suggesting it. I hope I become an active member (not just asking questions!) learning bits and pieces as time passes and perhaps the odd meet. Sorry for rambling on, I could carry on!!

A quickie, anyone know if my software version is up to date (photo), it was in the nav menu? Trying to ascertain what year of SD card maps I have but can’t seem to find it?
Interesting Rybrook have an identical pre prod svr same as yours but with 456 miles. £79,995
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

So they do, registered on the same day and just one digit out. Let’s hope BHB-BHD don’t make an appearance, don’t want the market flooded with them!! Different steering wheel is about the only difference I can see...

Oh and £4K more on sticker price but still seemingly a good deal judging by the comments and comparables...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post