Speed Camera warning on F-Type Sat Nav?

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Geminii wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:27 pm I can certainly write up some instructions on how I do it if that is what is needed, may take me an hour or so to remember :)
The data files are available in the right format for my Jag from a website . . not sure on links to other companies - - - -Phil B help :)
No problems Dave.
External links are ok and as usual are opened at the member's discretion and risk.
:D

Geminii

Post by Geminii »

Ok here we go, Hopefully :)

The website I get my files from is www.pocketgpsworld.com, they do make an annual charge for this service but you can see all the details on their site.

Once you have the .GPX file from them or any other source you may have then the following method is how I get my
F type to work.

More modern cars may not!

Assumptions.

You have an F Type Jaguar with a hard drive based Sat Nav system. - - Mine is a 2014 model purchased in September 2013.

You have a USB stick formatted MS-DOS (FAT32) on which you have down-loaded a set of POI's in .GPX format.

The .GPX files must be in the root folder of the drive - - no sub folders!

NB All at your own risk, but it worked for me :-)

Start The Engine (Ignition may switch off while you are installing the GPX files and mess things up.)

Insert USB Stick with your POI’s into centre console USB port.

Touch the Nav Button and continue button.

Touch Nav. Menu Button

Touch More Button

Touch Stored Locations

Touch My POI Button

Touch Add Button

Touch "USB Drive" Button

It should now show a list of the POI’s on your USB Stick

Touch the type of POI you want to install (Do one at a time, it is much much safer that way)
[you can get fixed camera or mobile camera databases so potentially more than one can be used]

When you have installed all the POI’s you want to install.

go to Edit and touch the Edit Button

This should bring up all the POI’s you have installed including any previous ones you have installed

Touch the Camera File you want to Edit (Example, Depends on files downloaded -- mobile/fixed)

This will bring up a Menu to allow you to change the sound and Switch the Sound and Show on Map On or Off

NB it is recommended that you Switch both Sound and Shown on the Map to On

To change the sound go to the Icon shown on Left Hand Side of screen Touch the Sound Icon it will bring up a list of Installed Sounds

touch the one you want for that particular Camera & DON’T FORGET to touch OK before leaving that Menu Screen otherwise it will default to all Off.

Do this for all the Camera Maps you want to Edit one at a time touching OK after each Map Edit

Touch Return to Map after you have Edited all the Cameras you want and Remove your USB stick !

Take the Car for a Drive near to some cameras you know about and test to see if working OK

P.S
The Cameras will only work when you are in Map View or the Sat. Nav is Routing you.

Once you have gone to Map view you can then go to other screens and Speed Cameras will continue to warn you.

You MUST do this every time you start the car, if you don’t go to Map View then the camera alerts will not warn you.

Switching the Ignition off cancels Camera Alerts as it also Cancels the Map, but not a Route. (As Standard)

You can Select which Cameras you want to warn you, or just have them showing on Map with No Sound.

As an experiment you could store any file on a USB stick with the *.GPX format and see if the car can see it.

Hope that is of interest to older owners..... Cars not owners :)

I have tidied this up to suit my car but the original help came from PocketGPSWorld.

Dave
ndabunka

Post by ndabunka »

Is this available in the USA or just over seas?
If you don't make a choice, the choice makes YOU!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Excellent info thanks Dave.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

ndabunka wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:46 am Is this available in the USA or just over seas?
I presume that if the F Type in USA are similar electronics to UK versions i.e Hard drive based on early models then this should work. You could just follow the instructions to see if you can load a USB stick based file into the POI's using the menu.

I have looked at the company I use and it seems they do have a set of USA based POI's in .GPX format so it looks good.

The UK databases are kept quite up to date I can't vouch for the other supported countries.

Obviously once again all this is at your own risk,

Good luck.

Dave
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

kaspa wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:28 pm Hello

Mine has it and works well ... I think its in the menu some where ?

what model year F Type do you have ?

regards
Hi Kaspa,
Sorry for the late reply, I have a late 2016. I have read Gemini's instructions but I fear it may be beyond me!
White MK3 Focus RS.
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

Boostfan if you need any more assistance/guidance/advice I for one will be around, that's what forums are for :)

Dave
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Hi Geminii, I would also love to have speed camera info on my 2014 Ftype, and happy to pay an annual fee. Look forward to reading your instructions.
Bob
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

Hi Bob look 8 posts up it is the L O N G missive :)

Dave
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Hi Dave,
Followed your instructions carefully, and the installation all went perfectly. Then drove to my nearest fixed speed camera, and again it all worked perfectly. I have a long drive in a few days time, and I am looking forward to playing with it. It shows a lot of mobile sites, nearly all of which won’t be active, so I may deactivate those.
Thanks for your help, it’s just what I’ve been looking for.
Cheers, Bob

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post