Speed Camera warning on F-Type Sat Nav?

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:29 pm Was it not added as part of touch pro along with live? I have speed cameras on my MY18. Although no idea how you update it!!
Be ware : for some strange reason it only warns you if you actually follow a mapped route with a destination entered... :shock:

The manual is grossly off. My car appears to auto update maps as it has sometimes massive data consumtion at night, even when I did
not send a route to the satnav or even drove it that day.. :roll:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:37 pm
simpleR wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:29 pm Was it not added as part of touch pro along with live? I have speed cameras on my MY18. Although no idea how you update it!!
Be ware : for some strange reason it only warns you if you actually follow a mapped route with a destination entered... :shock:

The manual is grossly off. My car appears to auto update maps as it has sometimes massive data consumtion at night, even when I did
not send a route to the satnav or even drove it that day.. :roll:
With the Pro you should still get an audio warning of two beeps as you approach speed camera even with no route being followed.
As I said previously, full map updates are done using a USB stick with a download from the route planner website and that will update the cameras each time as well.
There are smaller map updates which can happen via the car's connectivity but these are minor things like updated POI's etc.
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Hi Dave,
just one more thing, when I blow up the scale on the sat nav map on my ‘15mdl, black and red arrows appear. Do you know what they signify?
Bob
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Geminii wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:18 pm Boostfan if you need any more assistance/guidance/advice I for one will be around, that's what forums are for :)

Dave
Thanks Gemini, much appreciated. I will give it a go when we get back from holiday.

Paul.
White MK3 Focus RS.
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

BobHarrington wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 am Hi Dave,
just one more thing, when I blow up the scale on the sat nav map on my ‘15mdl, black and red arrows appear. Do you know what they signify?
Bob
To be honest Bob I don't know. I had a sit in mine this morning, not mobile and scanned 2 local poi's one mobile and one fixed Gatso and neither when zoomed in showed anything other than the standard camera icon.
Assuming you are also showing the camera plus the arrows I wonder if you are showing in which direction the cameras are actually operational. I know that sometimes the lanes are swapped from the same camera so you are never 100% sure which way is 'yours'. The database I have interogated has the lat/long of each camera and its type but I have not, as yet, seen direction.
Further investigation is required :)

Dave
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

Hi Dave,
Upon further investigation I have discovered that the arrows that appear on the screen map, alongside roads, are RDS-TMC Icons, that indicate a traffic event, like “moving tailback” or “slow traffic” . And are nothing to do with the POI.
Cheers, Bob
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Dave, one question.
I use the USB socket in the centre consol for my music.
Can the speed cameras be loaded onto the same USB stick as music or would this corrupt the data?
Thanks Rob
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

Hi Rob well, in the past, I have downloaded the data onto a USB stick full of other junk and as long as the camera data is in the 'base' directory it will be readable. Once you have downloaded the data file it is stored on the hard drive and the USB stick is no longer required.

Not sure why you would want to keep it on your Music stick unless you are short of them.

I have just uploaded my GPS Maps as I had a very old set. The Cameras were still stored on the hard drive even after that 'BIG' update.

Hope that helps.

Dave
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Ah great, it is stored on the hard drive.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Hmm!
Tried to load the speed camera file from a USB to the car, but don't seem to have the following on my screen:

Touch the Nav Button and continue button.

Touch Nav. Menu Button

Touch More Button

Touch Stored Locations

Touch My POI Button

Touch Add Button

Touch "USB Drive" Button

Mine is a 65 reg car is the system different?
Thanks Rob
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post