400 sport front splitter

Anything F-Type related......
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

Hi everyone. This isn’t exactly how I wanted to introduce myself on this board but I’m currently wallowing in self pity and need some advice.

I collected my 400 sport last week and like an idiot I’ve gone too far into my garage this evening and touched my front splitter on a cupboard. It’s left an unsightly dent on the leading edge of the front splitter, right in front of the 400 badge. Probably about 3mm of a dent but sticks out like a sore thumb due to its positioning.

It looks like the splitter comes in 3 parts- left right and centre and I need to replace the centre piece. Does anyone know the easiest way to replace this part (part number and potential cost?) and how easy it is to change? Might it be simply a case of unclipping it from the bumper and clipping on a new part? I do hope so.

Would I be right in assuming that jaguar have a pile of these pieces in a warehouse somewhere as they are all the same colour, therefor would not need to be painted?

Would appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Hope to be involved in some more positive discussions going forward. Cheers. :(

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi KV7785,

If its of any consolation I had a schoolboy error first week of owning mine, caught out by the fact that the car will creep when left in neutral!! Thankfully no damage but when later updating the bumper bar to the gloss model I took the front bumper assembly apart and the stock splitter did simply unbolt into the 3 component parts. I therefore suspect your assumption is correct and simply buying a new centre piece you could unbolt the damaged art and replace in next to no time at all.

Hope this helps and we look forward to some photos of your new 400!

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ive already replaced my front splitter!!! (dont ask!)

I'll find the invoice, part number and cost in a mo.
Last edited by simpleR on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

To answer you questions, yes its in 3 pieces (left/centre/right) and simply unbolts/bolts together and comes all ready to install in bubble wrap in a box.

I think you need to loosen both the left and right sides of the splitter to get the centre one out as they kind of clip together like a jigsaw. I watched mine being done and it took them less than 5 minutes with no ramp either.

From my invoice it says the following. Note this is what my invoice says, I've googled the part but can find no supporting pictures to prove this is correct. Please double check with a Jaguar Parts Shop at dealer.

EDIT - the reason I say the above is that I might of got fobbed off and the dealer ordered the wrong part, noticed and then ordered the correct part at there own cost to cover up. The invoice says.

Part Num: T2R23443
Description: FRT Wind Def S
Cost price: £87.54 inc VAT

Took about 4.5 weeks from point of order before mine arrived. Appartently they were out of stock and had to wait for more otherwises it just a few days.

No big issue. Simple job. HTH.
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

Ah you guys.

Thanks so much simpleR, you’ve put a smile on my face with that post. I’m relieved to hear it’s a simple fix. Thanks for going to all of that effort for me.

Paul, I’m taking her in for a Gyeon detail in 2 weeks at Midlands car care in Walsall, as soon as she’s out I’ll take some snaps. Same as all the other black 400s to be honest, just added some carbon 3D license plates from demon plates.

Having lurked on these forums for a few years, I’m looking forward to being involved in the meets and stuff as this is my first proper motor and I’m all the way in now. If I do bump into either of you, there’s a cold pint each with your names on it!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

After some more googling I think the part number on my invoice is for a standard front splitter not a 400 sport.

I think the dealer ordered the wrong one and that is why it tool 4.5 weeks and they just didnt tell me.

Check with a Jag parts shop but either way not expensive and easy to do.
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

Just ordered the centre piece from stratstone jag. £98 plus vat. He said they’ll fit it as well for that, which was nice. I asked how much the full splitter was, apparenly each part is £98+vat so it’s £360 all in, sounds like your dealer had to take a big hit on yours!

Part is in stock so I’ll have it on Tuesday. I’ll post the part number then in case anyone else needs it at some point.

Thanks again.
LarmiqFType

Post by LarmiqFType »

KV7785 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:01 am Ah you guys.

Thanks so much simpleR, you’ve put a smile on my face with that post. I’m relieved to hear it’s a simple fix. Thanks for going to all of that effort for me.

Paul, I’m taking her in for a Gyeon detail in 2 weeks at Midlands car care in Walsall, as soon as she’s out I’ll take some snaps. Same as all the other black 400s to be honest, just added some carbon 3D license plates from demon plates.

Having lurked on these forums for a few years, I’m looking forward to being involved in the meets and stuff as this is my first proper motor and I’m all the way in now. If I do bump into either of you, there’s a cold pint each with your names on it!
It'll be interesting to see how the car looks after the detail at midlands car care. I've been thinking of getting the same thing done to mine at the same place!
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

LarmiqFType wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:09 pm
It'll be interesting to see how the car looks after the detail at midlands car care. I've been thinking of getting the same thing done to mine at the same place!
I popped in to see Russ at MCC about a week ago, he was working on a black RR wraith at the time. Workshop looks very clean and organised, he seems very knowledgeable and was really helpful. I'll post a few pics when its done, there are some terrible swirls on the bonnet at the moment which really stand out in direct sunlight, he reckons they will come straight out. and will get the whole lot done in a day and a half. Will keep you posted.
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

Just in case anyone needs to know in the future:

Part no: T2R 24288
Cost: £98.40 + VAT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post