Is the F-Type a great racer?

Anything F-Type related......
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Gasman2 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:16 pm In standard guise they can get around 3.5s 0-60 with around 620bhp
But its never going to be an evo or scoob thru the twisties
As for racing another car on the road thats strictly for knobheads
This car has looks and sound and great performance but it is not a slayer like a porsche
I wld like just a tad more from mine aroubd 650-670 wld be ideal but my roman name is now skintus maximus
The R AWD with 550 BHP recorded 3.3 secs and 3.4 secs according to motortrend.com and caranddriver.com.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jaguar/ ... st-review/

https://www.0-60specs.com/jaguar-f-type-0-60-times/

Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

In my SVR I recorded a 0-60 of 3.08s to 60mph in damp conditions at a Vmax200, so it goes not so bad.
Never had any car beat me on a 0-100 run yet, apart from a 911 Turbo S, he beat me once and I beat him on the next go.

Also ran a PB of 11.28@124mph in my SVR at Santa Pod so its going well.

As a car to attack roads, well I find its great in the dry the problem is its too good, your simply going way too quick, in the wet it is also very capable but the weight shows.
howard

Post by howard »

Whats the point? The fastest thing on the roads is a white van driven by a pimply youth who thinks he's both as skilled as haimilton and immortal to boot.
The F type isnt a racing car - I dont think I have ever seen one on a race track.
Crickettxx

Post by Crickettxx »

Well, considering you can only go 100kph in New Zealand (and they police speed like no other thing here...), and the roads are generally crap... not doing too much racing in my cat. That said, lots of twisty roads going through canyons and mountain gorges where you get the exhaust echo off the rock walls... it is a road trip car for sure, and I wouldn't want it any other way!
MY2015 Dark Sapphire V6 S Convertible
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

Crickettxx wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 am Well, considering you can only go 100kph in New Zealand (and they police speed like no other thing here...), and the roads are generally crap... not doing too much racing in my cat. That said, lots of twisty roads going through canyons and mountain gorges where you get the exhaust echo off the rock walls... it is a road trip car for sure, and I wouldn't want it any other way!
I have fond memories from living in New Zealand for 18 months a few years ago and can definitely think of a few roads on both the North and South Island that would be outstanding to drive on!!!
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

I remember in the first couple of years after the F came out, it was raced repeatedly on track vs equivalently priced and engined Caymans and 911s etc. It was repeatedly beaten. Not trounced from a great height, but consistently beaten.

Since owning one, I've often wondered if it had had better boots on, it would have put up better times in all those Youtube videos. Pilot Super Sports and a couple of others were available then, but JLR went with the P-Zeros. A mistake that IMO cost them a lot of good publicity.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

howard wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 pm Whats the point? The fastest thing on the roads is a white van driven by a pimply youth who thinks he's both as skilled as haimilton and immortal to boot.
The F type isnt a racing car - I dont think I have ever seen one on a race track.
Your missing out :lol:

howard

Post by howard »

yes I had seen that but couldnt help thinking it was more about PR than serious racing. when I see one at le mans I will believe
Arne

Post by Arne »

The Invictus Games Racing F-Type GT4 (two cars) has competed in the British GT Championship series this year.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
RRB

Post by RRB »

My 400s killing a Merc SLK 55 AMG..... :D

600m drag races, 0-130mph in 600m ......not too shabby :lol:

Eventually 2nd in group, beaten to first by a BMW M3 :oops: .....canned him off the line both times, first race a photo finish, with him a number plate ahead, second race he stormed past us and pulled away from about 75-80mph, finished about 100m ahead :oops:
Last edited by RRB on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
2017 Black 400s convertible :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post