Is the F-Type a great racer?

Anything F-Type related......
Arne

Post by Arne »

If you want to go fastest arround a track, the F-type is not a good choice.

If you want most smiles pr gallon, the F-type is the best choice :D
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

Arne

Post by Arne »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 pm But this is the same for any RWD car. You’ll struggle to beat a 1.x diesel hatch through a normal twisty road unless you seriously drive it
In the hands of an expert (which I’m not) the F type will leave them for dead
If you want low value performance then just buy a VX220
For me it’s the right balance of performance, looks and luxury, while being reassuringly impractical:)
Well I would not say that rwd vs awd is the most important factor through a normal twisty road (if that is what you ment?).

The two fastest serial prodiction cars at the moment are rwd cars (except for the initial take off) - both on twisty roads and on the quarter mile:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsche ... 1D85A85AE4
basher

Post by basher »

Arne wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:23 am The two fastest serial prodiction cars at the moment are rwd cars (except for the initial take off) - both on twisty roads and on the quarter mile:

But have you seen the price of the Porsche?! :shock:

For most of us, in normal situations, 0-60 in 2.5s would be a waste of time, and scary as f**k!
4.8s is plenty quick enough for me!
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Arne wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:23 am
cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 pm But this is the same for any RWD car. You’ll struggle to beat a 1.x diesel hatch through a normal twisty road unless you seriously drive it
For me it’s the right balance of performance, looks and luxury, while being reassuringly impractical:)

Well I would not say that rwd vs awd is the most important factor through a normal twisty road (if that is what you ment?).

The two fastest serial prodiction cars at the moment are rwd cars (except for the initial take off) - both on twisty roads and on the quarter mile:

I never mentioned AWD..
My point was that a modern high torque front 2WD in the hands on an average driver will be as quick through twistirs. It needs skill and commitment to get the best from a RWD
No doubt about straights that power and toque take over and the hatch is dead
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Arne

Post by Arne »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:55 am
Arne wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:23 am

I never mentioned AWD..
My point was that a modern high torque front 2WD in the hands on an average driver will be as quick through twistirs. It needs skill and commitment to get the best from a RWD
No doubt about straights that power and toque take over and the hatch is dead
I won't argue with that (which is also why I wrote "if that is what you ment?") ;)
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

The F Type is not a racer.

If I wanted a racer I wouldn't have bought a car with 12 way memeory seats that probably weight 50Kg's each.

Great, instant torque with a sound track and looks to die for, push my buttons and in dynamic manual mode it handles well enough for me to fix my smile.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I came from a 1.4 TSI Scirocco to an AWD F-Type R and as you can imagine, there is no comparison for performance.

The R is a beast, in a straight line I find its speed ridiculously quick. The R is obviously a very fast car but I don't see it as a car for throwing around a circuit. Accelerating from a standstill to 70mph with your foot to the floor in the R is an exhilarating experience and makes you smile!
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

It is a racer,..just more of a fast road racer however. On twisty A and B roads it feels great and makes you feel like a good driver when you control power slides like a boss.. Having 600+ HP helps. 😎. It feels a bit too chunky to do the racing thing around town, which is fine coz that is dangerous anyway.
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II
Arne

Post by Arne »

This is a real F-type racer:

https://www.invictusgamesracing.com
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

In standard guise they can get around 3.5s 0-60 with around 620bhp
But its never going to be an evo or scoob thru the twisties
As for racing another car on the road thats strictly for knobheads
This car has looks and sound and great performance but it is not a slayer like a porsche
I wld like just a tad more from mine aroubd 650-670 wld be ideal but my roman name is now skintus maximus

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post