Dealer Damage

Anything F-Type related......
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi all,
Just a warning to say that from now on, each time I leave my car with someone else for repair, service etc, I will be doing a walk around with them and noting any damage when dropping off and collecting the car, much as you do when you take out a hire car.
What's prompted this........

A main dealer carried out warranty work to a great standard and with great service only for me to see, two days after collecting the car, that both passenger side wheels had been curbed and nothing mentioned to me on handover. I have reported it to the dealer and they are investigating but as yet, no answer, should know by tomorrow.

I recommend we all do the same.

20180806_142411.jpg

20180806_142423.jpg

2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

not such a great standard and with great service, which dealer would be good for us all to know.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Any main dealer I've used in the last 5 years has had an inspection beforehand.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

I always do a walk around too and, having had an oil overfill Message, I check the level before I leave. The last few services have been recorded on my dashcam too after plugging it into a power bank. It pays to keep an eye on what they are doing. Oh, and I never let them wash the car having seen how they do it!
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
OB123

Post by OB123 »

ouch - thanks for sharing and next time its in for service I'll certainly be checking before i drive it away.
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
basher

Post by basher »

Ouch from me too!
I hope you get it resolved soon.

Mine's booked in for 1st service in a couple of weeks, so I'll definitely be having a good walk round. Thanks for the heads up.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Thats a shocker, I would be gutted.
White MK3 Focus RS.
chicb

Post by chicb »

The same thing happened to me with my Range Rover (front wheel), but as I had never had a walk round, there was nothing I could do about it :( . Next time it goes in I will have a walk round with then. I never allow them to wash the car either :o
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Orpington_Shark

Post by Orpington_Shark »

My service centre always does a walk around when dropping off the car. When I had my XE they did some very minor damage to the lower sill, and to be honest, I probably would not have spotted it. But on collection of the car, they apologised profusely, pointed out the damage and they arranged to get it repaired quickly and the customer service was spot on. But I that's what I expect from a Jaguar dealership.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

As an update, the dealer has called me, no one is owning up to doing the damage, but, to their credit they accept/beleive it was not me and so will refurb both wheels free of charge and give me a loan car for the 4 days it will be away.

I know dealer appreciation is low on this forum and I can testify to things happening that shouldn't but I do have to commend Harwoods of Croydon for getting things sorted and making customers feel appreciated.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post