Tyre replacement

Anything F-Type related......
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

My plans to get new tires in the future have been hastened by driving over an enormous Allen key which lodged into my wheel! Not happy! It’s been fixed up but won’t last long.

Beyond the pirellis and Michelin pilot sport 4 s (what I think I’ll go for) are there any other cracking recommendations?

Also my colleagues are all telling me to go for part worn or nearly new - is this as bad an idea as it sounds?

Thanks

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Part worn tyres as a replacement on an F Type.
Bad idea.
Get yourself some new Michelins.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

ftype88 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:17 am Also my colleagues are all telling me to go for part worn or nearly new - is this as bad an idea as it sounds?
It's about as bad as it can get.
Two things people should never try and save money on - tyres and brakes as ultimately those are the things that are keeping you on the road.
Buy new tyres from a reputable supplier every time.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Think where part works come from...mostly accidents and write offs. You therefore have no idea if the tyre was damaged, pinched in an impact etc. Cords could be damaged and tyre collapse the first time under load and speed.
Sure way of finding yourself in a ditch or central reservation.

If you can afford an F you can afford new decent tyres
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

In all forums I know the Michelins SS4 are know to be excellent tires, so you can not go wrong there. Personnally I also consider a 'local' brand.
The make "Vredestein" is manufacturer that has been bought by a huge company, but they still use the brandname as its widely known. On another forum [ for Landrover Discovery 3 and 4 ], they are highly praised for winter and M&S tires [ wintrac ]. They also make performance tires for sportscars " ULTRAC VORTI ". Its not easy to find reviews on these other than from magazines or the manufacturer.
The factory that makes the machines for the producing the tires [ VMI ] is in the area where I live , they also sell these to Vredestein for making their tires... So for me there is a nationalistic aspect to want to know and try these out.

But for the moment its still on OEM Pzero's ...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

Buying part-worn may be good for people for whom the "saving" represents a substantial proportion of their car's value, but on an F-Type? That's peanuts compared to the cost of ownership!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

I am having MP4S fitted Tuesday [emoji846]
I can’t wait to get these rubbish Pirellis off
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

I have gone for having new mp4s fitted today, looking forward to it. As I said I wasn’t very keen on the idea of ‘part worn’ tires, seems like an unnecessary risk! And I’ve managed to get a decent deal on the tyres from my local garage anyway so it’s all good.
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

Obligatory photo - had a quick run out with the new tires fitted and they’re absolutely brilliant - it feels like a different car in terms of steadiness and control. Also a bit smoother as a ride and I prefer the general rumble to the old ones. Happy days

Ps Yes I’ve checked my panel spacing

76B559E5-4895-45A1-B159-E85992E56C27.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post