Car insurance query

Anything F-Type related......
e46mjl

Post by e46mjl »

Hi there,

I am near to getting a date confirmed for my f type from the garage, so re ran the insurance quotes I’d had in July last night. I was staggered to see that some companies that had previously quoted would now not quote or the premium had shot up and excess was high. For example a premium of £700 or £900 with excess of £700 or £900. I’ve also had a quote from Jaguar insurance today of £2200 - ouch. Current company I am with wants another £700 on top of the £500 premium I’ve paid and wants to up my excess to £700.

I’ve managed to find a premium that will still keep the quote from July, however, it got me wondering what others do for insurance and also makes me question what my premium will be next year, as insurance always seems to go up rather than go down.

Anyway, I would be really interested to hear what others do for insurance. Which companies you use, what sort of premiums you pay etc

I’m 44 with clean driving licence (so far!) and a non fault claim in November 2013.

Thanks in advance for your help

Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

That seems high, but you haven’t said what model it is?

I have the base V6 and my insurance came in at £380. I’m 33 with 5 years no claims and have also put my other half on the insurance who is 28. That was with Admiral with £300 compulsory excess and £200 voluntary I think.

I’m assuming you’re buying one of the more powerful models....if you post details sure somebody will be able to give you a more helpful comparison than mine :)
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s pretty much irrelevant looking at what others pay as you cannot compare the myriad of factors from history, car age, location, profession, use, etc. And dozens more.
FWIW I use Admiral Multicar and come out at £600 for the F and an Evoque. It’s all rubbish though as my V8 6 litre competition Jeep is £110 fully comp classic car...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

I'm getting my car in early September (V6, 380, RWD) and the quotes I have are around £340. I'm 43, have max NCD and no points, claims etc.

But as cj10jeeper says, there are so many factors involved when insurers assess the risks of a claim. The best quote I had was with Direct Line, but I've yet to speak to my current insurer for my XE-S.
MY19.5, F-Type V6 3.0 P380 RWD Coupe
Santorini Black, Pan Roof, Parking Pack, Cirrus Leather
e46mjl

Post by e46mjl »

Thanks all. I appreciate it depends on a lot of factors. I guess it must be location being one of them. I’m looking to insure a base v6. Quite a difference in premium based on what some of you have already mentioned.

Thanks
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

£700ish in London for me.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

e46mjl wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm Thanks all. I appreciate it depends on a lot of factors. I guess it must be location being one of them. I’m looking to insure a base v6. Quite a difference in premium based on what some of you have already mentioned.

Thanks
Location is of course critical, but might be surprised by some. Often costs more parked garaged than on a drive. Logic is people hit things driving in and out and drop things on them. Street is more than drive and so on. Profession makes me smile as some are clearly worse drivers than others
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There is a post code insurance rating list online.

My excess is 650 + 100 which seemed pretty normal when I compared the meerkat the other month.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Just done both mine with LV Multi-Car - £710. The next cheapest was Admiral at £860.
Both cars £300 voluntary & £300 compulsory. I hate this time of year shopping round, car insurance is a nightmare.
White MK3 Focus RS.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Post code risk calc: https://www.visitcars.co.uk/car-insuran ... -risk.html
Mine is just in the green part of the low risk section.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post