Phone compatability

Anything F-Type related......
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I have just bought a Samsung S9 and it looks like it is not possible to pair with my 2014 3.0.
I am wondering if there is a software update available. I do not have the In Car apps which according to the Jaguar website I would need to enable pairing. Guess I should have checked prior to buying the phone. Does anyone know if there is a work around please. Gutted !!
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There are known issues with Android 8.0 and 8.1 (Oreo) with the later phones which have Bluetooth 5.0. The phones should be backwards compatiable to support bluetooth devices running 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 but there are lots of issues reported online with not finding devices and unable to pair as the other device offers the 4-digit passcode but the phone doesnt.

We have had quite a few issues over the past 12 months reported.

Android 9.0 (Pie) is out but only on Google Pixel for time being and it is down to Samsung and other vendors when they chose to release that version to handsets. (Unless you root your phone).

Our advice to our customers is ensure the phone is fully updated and update the firmware/software on the other device as well. That seems to solve about 7 of 10 issues.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post