Jaguar Factory Tour

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I went on the factory tour at Castle Bromwich yesterday which mostly looks at the F-Type production line. Interesting tour and great to see so many customer choices. There were at least 3 going through with Satin Matte paint, a £6000 option! The verbier silver matte looked great! Madagascar Orange Matte wouldn’t be my choice though! Also interesting to see new 2020 model year parts waiting to be fitted - pre-production models perhaps? Not sure what the new parts were apart from new windscreens. Anyone know anything else about the 2020 model year?

LarmiqFType

Post by LarmiqFType »

How did you manage to get on a factory tour? I inquired about this when I bought mine but they weren't interested in answering the question!
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Book via the jaguar website or by telephone.

I’m going in a couple of weeks time.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/experience-jag ... index.html

Kev
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
Deleted User 1715

Just booked through the website as above. There were 9 of us in the group and I would recommend it - both my daughters found it interesting too.

My wife went shopping at the Bullring instead!
markjord

Post by markjord »

I’m going to watch mine being built. Costs a bit more but hey.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

How do they make the XE ? From the press I've understood its made in the same factory, or is it another assembly line ?
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

I went on the factory tour but it was the individual tour not the group one. Got the dealership to pay for my wife and I to go. Limo pick up and return to hotel and lunch Found it absolutely fascinating and even my wife enjoyed it. Followed the process from a roll of aluminum to the first turn of the engine. The XE is made there too but they told us that this process is fully automated where the F-type body manufacture is automated but the rest of the car is hand built. would defiantly recommend. Whilst there ask to see the old air raid shelter/ hospital in the hanger where they used to make the spitfires, most interesting.
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

There was a good prog on Quest a while back from the "Supercar Superbuild" series but can't find it free anywhere online at the moment.
This one is from the "How it's made" series.
It's from 2014 and the commentary is a bit basic sometimes but it gives some idea.

Deleted User 1715

XE is fully robot built at the same site but in a different huge building. It was semi dark when we went in as robots don’t need the light, although it lit up as we entered.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Sandpitjock wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:07 pm XE is fully robot built at the same site but in a different huge building. It was semi dark when we went in as robots don’t need the light, although it lit up as we entered.
Not fully robot built.
The main body is welded and glued by the bots but after that it's humans who actually build the car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post