New F-Type (J-Type) ?

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Someone posted this over on the XE forums so I thought you lot might be interested.
:D

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/f- ... al-mclaren

basher

Post by basher »

Mmm. Nice. The lovechild of an F-Type and a Maclaren.

Will have a tiny boot if it's mid-engined. ;)
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Looks a bit like the C-X75 which was amazing and Jaguar should be ashamed for not selling a design like that. Hopefully a car like that will be available.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
scm

Post by scm »

Tiny boot, but potentially lots of storage in the front?

I think the CX-75, amazing though it was, coincided with the global banking meltdown so Jaguar felt there'd be no buyers. The Jaguar name doesn't have the same money attraction as Ferrari or Lambo, unjustified though that is. I guess you don't want to be seen looking for value for money if you're that rich.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

That is ace, just the right mix of current F Type cues and totally new look. Whatever power unit gets used, I just hope it incorporates at least a V6, we still need the sound.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Not really shure what I think? Looks good, but is it the "right" look of a Jaguar?
I don't think any Jaguar designers stands behind any of this, and certainly not Ian Callum.
When they do I think it will look a lot different and not so like so many other modern sports-/supercars.
And I hope they keep making fun cars to drive with personality, and not something where the main aim is to beat others sportscars on a race track. That can easilly result in a rather booring and uninvolving car to drive on ordinary roads - were most of us drives our cars 99.x% of the time.
I think I will be very happy keeping my "old but challenging and involving" MY15 rwd R for many, many years to come :)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

First thought - ooh yes, looks good.

Second thought - do hope the reversing camera is standard :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Jk7

Post by Jk7 »

Shut up and take my money!!! It is B E A utiful.

This car needs to happen! If Jaguar want to keep F-Type customers in the brand they need new exciting models like this for us to aspire/upgrade to.

This new F-Type/J-Type would be my perfect next car, I’m not a Mcclaren fan so only real options would be an R8, AMG GT or GT3 (which i wouldn’t be allowed to buy anyway because I’m not a SPECIAL customer).

Fingers Crossed Jag step up.
Limited Edition F-Type 400 Sport - AWD - Indus Silver - Pano Roof + Knightspeed (Qi) Auto Hold Wireless Phone Charger https://goo.gl/muVp3n + Knightspeed Gecko Rack http://bit.ly/2j1Q2P4
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

If they make that with a V6 or hybrid i will buy it if it's not too expensive. It looks amazing.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
scm

Post by scm »

daytona650 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:13 pm ... if it's not too expensive ...
:lol: :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post