Not too shure it will have an ICE...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Loving that new J-Type. Though Im sure I've seen it somewhere before.

jaguar_f-type_-_front_watermarked.jpg

s1200.jpeg

Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

scm wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:04 pm I think the CX-75, amazing though it was, coincided with the global banking meltdown so Jaguar felt there'd be no buyers. The Jaguar name doesn't have the same money attraction as Ferrari or Lambo, unjustified though that is.
This made me smile ... I thought it was a condition of Honda ownership ... so many comments on their forums about badge snobbery for years ...
Tall dad wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:38 am Loving that new J-Type. Though Im sure I've seen it somewhere before.
Its taken a little longer than 911 gestation but I don’t think its a bad thing to be able to identify the ‘bloodline’

... it’s bound to be light, high CF content ... and given Jaguar’s skill with hybrid/electric power, it’ll be really quick and I’m sure will have the potential for another vfm 918, but with the same risk as Honda ... lots of dealer demos if they get silly with pricing and they need to learn from Audi.

I said this when the NC1 Hybrid Honda was announced and will repeat here ... Jaguar need to have a strong marketing & development plan behind such a car and it needs ‘new’ versions every 18-24 months ... Audi did this with R8, first coupe, then cabrio, then lightweight and various specials, the R10 arrived and received the same recipe, the sales results speak for themselves. And who remembers even a few months passing without a new Macca being announced? And with the 540 entry price around £150k (and yes, I appreciate it nigh on impossible to buy at this price, but then they market the options catalogue very well), If Jaguar come to market at or above this as Honda have done, I’d be heading to the Macca showroom ...

I hope they make it, I hope they price it right and I hope they keep it fresh ... if they do then as suggested above, Jaguar may well have a halo car for F-type owners to aspire too or at least update their F’s and stay with the brand ...

Now if only Jaguar would bring our a smaller lighter version of the F-type and really take the competition to Porsche Cayman and start the brand loyalty earlier and younger. ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

daytona650 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:13 pm If they make that with a V6 or hybrid i will buy it if it's not too expensive. It looks amazing.
Most likely to be Jaguars new own in house i6 twin turbo engine with a hybrid supporting it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post