Good Will ???

Anything F-Type related......
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Can anyone help with what is a "good will" gesture from Jaguar?

To explain, I recently had some work done under warranty but the dealer has advised that Jaguar have rejected the warranty claim (saying it was not covered) and now the dealer would like my V5 so they can put it through as good will.

I remember hearing somewhere that jaguar can do good will gestures but typically only once so you should try to keep it for something big. Mine was only a door glass and seal change but don't want to use it only to find the gearbox or engine fails 1 week out of warranty.

Any thoughts, knowledge or experience :?:
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

First thing : what's been repaired and what does the warranty text say. It's not factory as the car is older then 3 years..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

scharlton wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:21 pm Can anyone help with what is a "good will" gesture from Jaguar?

To explain, I recently had some work done under warranty but the dealer has advised that Jaguar have rejected the warranty claim (saying it was not covered) and now the dealer would like my V5 so they can put it through as good will.

I remember hearing somewhere that jaguar can do good will gestures but typically only once so you should try to keep it for something big. Mine was only a door glass and seal change but don't want to use it only to find the gearbox or engine fails 1 week out of warranty.

Any thoughts, knowledge or experience :?:
Door glass and seals is a specified technical bulletin for a known manufacturing / design fault.

You should not be paying anything to have these replaced!

Stick your foot down and make a fuss.

Regards

john
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi John,

I did not pay anything for the glass and seals and they are not asking me to pay anything.

Yes it's a 2 yr JLR warranty on a second hand car and the dealer thought it was covered but JLR have said only mechanical faults and glass is not covered. It's true it says glass is not covered but if a design fault cuases a seal to make mechanical damage to a glass part, for me, it's covered.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

You're both right ! Damage to a glass or seal as such [ from external influences ] would not be covered.
Given the known fault and the fact its NOT an 'external influence' but 'self induced' by the parts, its a 'manufacturing defect', what never lapsesno matter what age the car has or does/not have any guarantee : manufacturer has to repair it.

Unless the day value of the cat is USD 5000,- and reparing the fault is more then a fraction of the value, say reparing would cost USD 3000,- , then its not a 'fair demand'.
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

I am currently discussing this exact issue with the Dealership that I purchased my car from as I noticed a few days after picking the car up that the windows had deep scratches. If the Dealership had been more local I would have taken the car back.

Mine is a Jaguar Approved Used just over 3 years old and Guy Salmon in Bristol have told me this is normal condition for the age of the car :evil: and the best they can do is a Glass Polish which is pointless;

1) Given the scratches will just come back
2) The scratches are too deep to be polished out

It is a known issue and an Approved Used car should have had it rectified as per the Technical Bulletin prior to sale. As far as I am concerned the condition of the side windows at the point of purchase was not acceptable for an Approved Used Jaguar.

I have referred the matter to our Jaguar Customer Service rep on the forum for assistance and they are looking into it.
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

I had this issue only this week as I noticed the scratches on one of my windows. My car is two years into the warranty so I took it back to the main dealer and they replaced the scratched glass and seals both sides without questions the next day.

The technical note JTB00502 states if the glass is scratched then it should be replaced but under a different warranty claim from the sills.
I took a copy of this technical note with me so maybe that helped.

window.jpg

V6 Coupe British Racing Green
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

This window/seal problem applies until MY2017 or its ongoing ?
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi Dan, window issue is on going I picked mine up 1st of March as I drove out of show room lowered window to thank salesman. On raising window the scratch was there. It is caused by the design od waste seal and until that is resolved windows will continue to scratch. I save my changes up until service time.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks Fez !