380W Meridian Advanced Configuration?

Anything F-Type related......
stadidas

Post by stadidas »

Hello to everyone on the forum! I just picked up my dream 400 Sport this weekend and I have been very much enjoying all of the amazing sounds from its exhaust.

However, one thing I have definitely not been enjoying the sound of is the 380W Meridian system it came fitted with. The speakers themselves seem alright, but the system very noticeably adjusts the volume of songs to try to keep the volume constant, and I have to say it's been doing my head in!

All I can find on the infotainment system is sliders for Treble, Bass, and the Subwoofer, but there doesn't appear to be any more advanced settings for tailoring how the system does or does not mess about with the volume level during playback. Does anybody know if there is some special configuration mode that can be accessed in the infotainment system to be able to configure such things, or am I out of luck and going to have to take the car somewhere to have the system modified?

Any help much appreciated!

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I haven't noticed this in mine. Will listen out for it tomorrow.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
stadidas

Post by stadidas »

That's interesting - it's very noticeable in mine, so maybe there's been some software change in mine that is very much not to my taste! I notice it mainly on tracks where the start of the song is quite quiet e.g a single guitar playing. The system seems to raise the volume of this section, and then when the rest of the band comes in it rolls the volume back to try to keep the two consistent.
scm

Post by scm »

I've not noticed that on mine, maybe there's something like AVC under the All Settings menu? I'll check mine tomorrow (if I remember!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
stadidas

Post by stadidas »

Thank you, that would be much appreciated.
scm

Post by scm »

I remembered! But no sign of anything that would set up an automatic variable volume. Hope you can get to the bottom of it!
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

Are you connected via usb? Sounds much better than Bluetooth.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

I think I must be one of the few people who actually like the 380 system ... Just for info I use a USB stick with Wav lossless files and works really well.

I have also discovered the unit will play 192Khz / 24 hi rez files which is a bonus

but the end of the day the car environment is not ideal ... I think the next meridian system up has more trick functions
scm

Post by scm »

I've no complaints about my 380 system, I play "high quality" MP3s through mine. I'd say it's no worse than the 550W B&W system I had in my previous XKR. That said, I rarely use the sound system, the car is more than enough entertainment, sound-wise! :D
basher

Post by basher »

kaspa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 am Hello

I think I must be one of the few people who actually like the 380 system ... Just for info I use a USB stick with Wav lossless files and works really well.

I have also discovered the unit will play 192Khz / 24 hi rez files which is a bonus

but the end of the day the car environment is not ideal ... I think the next meridian system up has more trick functions
I also like the 380 system... and I also use a USB stick with a mix of WAV files, and my iTunes library.

But I tend not to play music as loud as I used to so I can also hear the exhaust. ;)
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post