If you want a SUV next to your FT... F-Pace or Velar.. ??

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I just found this rather funny comparative review..

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I like The Straight Pipes - they do do some good entertaining reviews. Have you see their F-Type review? :)
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, that F-Type SVR review is brilliant. And it teaches you how to maximise the crackles and pops! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

Steve C wrote: ↑Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm I like The Straight Pipes - they do do some good entertaining reviews. Have you see their F-Type review? :)
Just watched it. Very good. Very funny. I'm going to try that exhaust crackle trick. But probably when my g/f is not in the car. πŸ˜‰
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I have a funny feeling that if I get one, driving through the Blackwall tunnel is going to be something to look forward to :mrgreen:
scm

Post by scm »

Back to the original question, I couldn't believe they thought the Velar looked better than the F-Pace. That bulbous front end looks awful to my eyes. Maybe the colour makes a difference too, I'm a blue person. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

F Pace is clearly the better drivers car so it would be a no brainer for me. I was trying to persuade my OH to have an F-Pace as the family car before she insisted on keeping the current one.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: ↑Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 pm Back to the original question, I couldn't believe they thought the Velar looked better than the F-Pace. That bulbous front end looks awful to my eyes. Maybe the colour makes a difference too, I'm a blue person. ;)
The Velar looks more "Range Rover-ish" , so has more 'curb appeal' , although I doubt if its the right phrase in this context.. :o
The bleu is for me also a reason to lean towards the F-Pace. But I notice that using 3 cars of different makes [ J / LR / Alfa ] ,
is annoying regarding the location of the controls. As the F-Pace is much like the F-Type [ at least the steering wheel ] , I prefer it.

But at the same time I really HATE the 'turning knob' to change gears. Which idiot invented that .. :roll:

The only car with a decent 'gear change' like the F-Type is the present RR-Sport , but this is due for replacement...

I think I'll sit back and wait for the new Evogue which is supposed to get the Velar interior and a stick-shift...
The Evoque will be bigger and available with a hybrid engine, so I can go into the city in electric mode when they ban ICE...
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: ↑Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:24 am
scm wrote: ↑Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 pm Back to the original question, I couldn't believe they thought the Velar looked better than the F-Pace. That bulbous front end looks awful to my eyes. Maybe the colour makes a difference too, I'm a blue person. ;)
The Velar looks more "Range Rover-ish" , so has more 'curb appeal' , although I doubt if its the right phrase in this context.. :o
The bleu is for me also a reason to lean towards the F-Pace. But I notice that using 3 cars of different makes [ J / LR / Alfa ] ,
is annoying regarding the location of the controls. As the F-Pace is much like the F-Type [ at least the steering wheel ] , I prefer it.

But at the same time I really HATE the 'turning knob' to change gears. Which idiot invented that .. :roll:

The only car with a decent 'gear change' like the F-Type is the present RR-Sport , but this is due for replacement...

I think I'll sit back and wait for the new Evogue which is supposed to get the Velar interior and a stick-shift...
The Evoque will be bigger and available with a hybrid engine, so I can go into the city in electric mode when they ban ICE...
Dan, the F-Pace SVR has the pistol shifter from the F-Type if you're trying to convince yourself that you need an SUV :) And the same 550PS engine as the F-Type R.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f ... s/svr.html
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Steve C wrote: ↑Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:58 pm Dan, the F-Pace SVR has the pistol shifter from the F-Type if you're trying to convince yourself that you need an SUV :) And the same 550PS engine as the F-Type R. https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f ... s/svr.html
@Steve C.

Thanks for rubbing it in... :shock:

The FT V8 costs from € 190.000 here... I think an F-Pace SVR will start from € 210.000 , of which € 130.000 is taxes... :evil: