SVR shopping - top tips wanted

Anything F-Type related......
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Jimbo095 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:20 pm I'm not sure about why they last so long but can only assume it's the pad/disc composition. Apparently the 2017 car with 24,000 miles still had around two thirds of pad life left too and they'd not been replaced! Bodes well I'd say and yes I read somewhere it was around £900 for a pair of pads, suffice to say I won't enjoy that day if/when it comes!! The £4k I paid for full PPF I paid after collecting the car still hurts now but the peace of mind factor was worth it, even just for my more relaxed cleaning method let alone stone chip prevention!! Incidentally the Firesand is much nicer in the flesh, from a personal point of view anyway. I originally considered wrapping it as I wanted the spec but wasn't 100% sold on the colour, I love it now! My buying thread if you need some bedtime reading, forum contributors invaluable...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2749&hilit=firesand
Good to hear that - Carbon Ceramic equipped cars are now viable targets 8-)

Agree, colour is very much a personal thing. I'm just waiting for the right combination to come onto the market: there is one on there that has an ideal spec for me bar the colour. May need to investigate wrapping...

Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

[/quote]

Agree, colour is very much a personal thing. I'm just waiting for the right combination to come onto the market: there is one on there that has an ideal spec for me bar the colour. May need to investigate wrapping...
[/quote]

Is it my Fireasand twin!! :lol:
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Jimbo095 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 pm

[/quote]

Is it my Fireasand twin!! :lol:
[/quote]
I hate to disappoint Jimbo, but it's an MY18 ultra blue version with all the carbon goodies. Your 'twin' isn't far off though ;)
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Still looking - still quite a few on the market but nothing seems to have sold recently. Wonder whether prices may drop as winter approaches, given sports cars tend to be more of a 'good weather' purchase?
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Tricky one this but I've decided to make an F-Type not the next car but the one after. After fair bit of pondering, I need something more practical (lugging capacity mainly) for the time being - so have put a deposit down on an C Class AMG Merc estate :) Not quite the same granted but will still be oodles of fun and once the family situation changes, I'll be back...
scm

Post by scm »

The F-Type will be even more special after you've suffered with that German stuff. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 pm The F-Type will be even more special after you've suffered with that German stuff. ;)
I'm sure AMG owners say something similar to people who buy Jags :) In the end had to go with my head on this one but an AMG has been on my to do list for a while so I'm not crying...
scm

Post by scm »

Steve C wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 pm I'm sure AMG owners say something similar to people who buy Jags
Ah, but they're wrong! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Steve C wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 pm
scm wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 pm The F-Type will be even more special after you've suffered with that German stuff. ;)
I'm sure AMG owners say something similar to people who buy Jags :) In the end had to go with my head on this one but an AMG has been on my to do list for a while so I'm not crying...
Not all...
My son in law had one as a company wagon and described it as ‘a crock of sh*te, just a normal plasticky Merc with badges and bigger spoilers’.
Changed companies and gone for a Disco
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

And a pretty amazing engine! Enjoy
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post