SVR shopping - top tips wanted

Anything F-Type related......
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

jimbobc wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 pm And a pretty amazing engine! Enjoy
Thanks Jimbob, in the end a tricky choice between 2 cars with amazing engines. In the end boring old practical needs swung it but I'll be back for back for bite at the F-Type when that matters less!

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

AMG was on my ‘to own’ list as a potential new daily until I spent time with a few owners ... and the real world MPG is simply scary ... I believe the newer models are better and of course there is now the C43 option which should better ... and the both (43 & 63) do sound great with the AMG sports zorst ...

Enjoy and hope you join the F-Type family in the not too distance future.
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Senninha wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 pm AMG was on my ‘to own’ list as a potential new daily until I spent time with a few owners ... and the real world MPG is simply scary ... I believe the newer models are better and of course there is now the C43 option which should better ... and the both (43 & 63) do sound great with the AMG sports zorst ...

Enjoy and hope you join the F-Type family in the not too distance future.
Thanks - it may be the old naturally aspirated 6.2l AMGs that you got the feedback about - someone described it as 'like puring petrol down a car shaped storm drain' :) The current 4.0 biturbos are better, but that's a very low bar. In reality nobody buys a car putting out over 500bhp and expect to get decent mpg and I accept my fuel bills will be going up although TBH I only expect to do about 9,000 miles a year tops. I rationalised it by thinking how my OH pootles around in a Ford S-Max 2.5T and I usually see 17-18 mpg on the trip meter as she spends most of her time crawling around the SE London suburbs.

Bottom line is practicality has to trump desirability for now, but that will change in the next few years!

And yes, it does have the sports exhaust - as standard :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post