What's my next service?

Anything F-Type related......
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can assist with telling me what my next service should be...?

I have 2014 (Oct 2013 Registered) V6S F Type and I want to know what the next service is that I should have.

To date I have had the 12 month 16,000 mile, the 24 month 32,000 mile, the 36 month 48,000 mile, and the 48 month 64,000 mile service.

Looking at the Jaguar Website the next service possible is the 60 month 80,000 mile service as you can see from the table below.

Screenshot 2018-09-17 at 12.50.29.png

However when I call Jaguar they tell me that the next service is 72 month 96,000 service.

And when I go to book on their website this is the next option as you can see from the table below.

Screenshot 2018-09-17 at 12.49.45.png

I don't think there is much difference between the services apart from one replaces spark plugs and one doesn't, but I would like to get it right especially as I am thinking of using an independent garage to avoid some of the high costs here!

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Seacourt
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That looks wrong, as I'm sure you suspect!

when you do get details for the 60 month / 80k service be sure to haggle hard and use the Jaguar fixed price service cost table below as a starting point and not the stupid prices they will often advise you at first. As stated, these are Maximum prices.

You may also want to check out the spark plug situation on your S as there is some misinformation about if / when they should be replaced.

I played 3 localish dealers off against each other for the big 48m service, plus brake fluid, headlight alignment, and fob battery change - they do want your money!

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... icing.html
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post