Gear Selector

Anything F-Type related......
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Whilst making a U turn yesterday in a very confined space I found that when changing from Forward to Reverse Gear and vice versa that the gear box did not always engage leaving me in Neutral - has anyone else had this problem?

2016 V6S Coupe

basher

Post by basher »

Yes. A couple of times when parking. I put it down to lack of concentration on my part. 😉
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

You have to pull the button in and move the stick fully forward - it's easy (as you found) not to do it quite right!

I also discovered you can use the stick to do up and down shifts in Sport mode, instead of using the paddles.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
01286p

Post by 01286p »

The problem persisted even when I was very careful about ensuring the button was pulled in before moving the selector.
Does anyone know whether the gear Selector is physically / mechanically connected to the gearbox or if it is an electronic connection? if the latter then I may have to have it checked by jaguar Dealer. The car still has 14 months of the 3 year guarantee on it to run.

I just love the paddles,changing down using the paddles not only saves on the brakes but makes a glorious sound accompanied by Pops and Crackles -Oh Joy!